6635dfbc7ad4c

6635dfbc7b3bd
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Crash with Italian translation Read 4953 times  

6635dfbc7bbf1
Hello!
This is my problem: SS2 crashes when I try to equip with shotgun or grenade-laucher.
Using mouse-wheel, the only arms appearing are wrench, pistol and Psy-Amp.
If I use inventory and  try to drag and droop them in my arm, the game crashes :(

I have SS2 (my original 1999 cd <3<3) + SS2tools 5.0 + mods exactly shown in "Newbie modding guide" topic + SS2-UARMMv1.14

Thanks for helps :)

« Last Edit: 11. March 2013, 21:30:04 by Kolya »
Re: Crash with shotgun
6635dfbc7bf02
ADaoB and UARMM are not compatible. Delete the content of both mod folders and install the mods again.
6635dfbc7c099
The reason is that both mods contain a gamesys. (More info on mod compatibility)
This type of mods is tagged with "gamesys" so you can distinguish them easily.
6635dfbc7c17a
Thank you!
Now I can proceed with my second run in 15 years :)
6635dfbc7c275
So, I reinstall and restarted to play without ADaoB but with UARMM (I can choose one gamesys mod, I guess).
Sadly I have the same problem.
Do I have to play without any gamesys mod and only with SS2tools 5.0 + texture mods only?

Thanks

6635dfbc7c388voodoo47

6635dfbc7c3d5
maybe you could share your shock2.log, crash.dmp and one save right before the crash (all are in your ss2 folder)? this might be some hardware/software issue.
6635dfbc7c4b3
I'd like to share them, but I don't know how...
6635dfbc7c5a7
I've just reinstalled SS2 adding only SS2toolsv.5.0... and it works fine! No more crash selecting shotgun....
But I would like to use mods too... any suggestions?
6635dfbc7c69d
Zip up the files mentioned by voodoo with an archive manager (WinRAR, 7zip, ...) and upload to a file hosting service like File Upload.

Concerniing your other posts: Omit all gamesys mods and try.
6635dfbc7c7d9
Hello again!
I think I've found a bug :)

I could not use shotgun because I didn't have level 3 ability to use it, BUT instead of appearing the warning message... the game chrashes.
Now with level 3 ability I can use shotgun even using all the mods, shotgun "appears" in my right arm, and the game doesn't crash anymore.
I guess before it crashed because there is something wrong with the "message warning system", maybe a string desappeared, SS2.exe cannot find it, so it crashes.

6635dfbc7c8c9
Might be. Are you using a mod that affects strings? If so, please upload your string directory from the respective mod directory (DataPermMods or DataTempMods).

6635dfbc7c961voodoo47

6635dfbc7c9ab
yeah, the last time we had weird crashes, it turned out that the guy was using some italian translation with botched up strings.
6635dfbc7cb15
Yes, it is!
I'm using the italian translation.
Here is string.rar http://www.2shared.com/file/IEuzFOxh/strings.html

voodoo47, do you remeber if playing with italian translation there are other weird bugs?
Does it worths?

Thanks!
6635dfbc7cdcb
Yes, Kolya.

By the way I remember to have played SS2 with italian translation in 2002 (more or less) without problems (and without mods)
I used this one http://multiplayer.it/download/system-shock-2-per-pc/system-shock-2-inglese-italiano/

Just in case, here is a rar with shock.log and crash.dmp http://www.2shared.com/file/hdbfONI5/SHOCK.html

6635dfbc7ce92voodoo47

6635dfbc7cede
here's your fix (the issue would affect all weapons and items you are not able to equip/use). next time I'm in Italy, you're buying spaghetti carbonara.
6635dfbc7d02b
Thanks voodoo!
I'm living in Colombia now... what about a coffe? :)

Anyway, if I play SS2 with only SS2tools v5.0 and italian translation I'm not having crashes...

6635dfbc7d0cavoodoo47

6635dfbc7d119
coffee it is.

it has also crashed with ADaoB (which I'm running right now). one way or another, with the fixed file, it does not crash anymore.
6635dfbc7d217
Comparing the English and Italian misc.str files it looks like the translator missed several strings.

6635dfbc7d2f1voodoo47

6635dfbc7d347
no kidding. any sane person attempting a SS2 translation would probably want to put a bullet to his head halfway through (as I've learned, fixing the Czech translation). not actually translating everything is an expectable result.
6635dfbc7d46c
They left out single strings, specifically those relating to multiplayer. If I should venture a guess, I'd say they translated an unpatched game.

6635dfbc7d4f3voodoo47

6635dfbc7d53e
quite possible.
6635dfbc7d699
Here's the completed Italian misc.str. Inserted English lines at:

14: EarlySave:"Save disabled during multiplayer training."
33: GiveawayString:"%s given to %s."
34: GivefailString:"%s too large for %s's inventory; dropped."
41: HilightString:"%s pointed out by %s."
68: ReceiveString:"%s received from %s."

Stefka, can you translate the parts between apostrophes to Italian?

Google translation suggestions:
14: Salvataggio disabilitato durante l'allenamento multigiocatore.
33: %s dato a %s
34: %s รจ troppo grande per l'inventario di %s; caduto.
41: %s sottolineato da %s
68: %s ha ricevuto da %s

[attachment removed]
« Last Edit: 11. March 2013, 21:56:18 by Kolya »
6635dfbc7d7b8
Oh well, I've used the Google translations now, fixed the crashing as per Voodoo's instructions and inserted the fixed misc.str into the italian translation download.
1 Guest is here.
My cup runneth over...
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6635dfbc7d8c0