🔒 System Shock 2 crashes after cutscenes and when loading savegames

1 Guest is here.
6649a14ac32da
AndarianQuote
Yes, I read this on the ddfix-download Page and use the newest version 1.5.12. I changed the resolution in cam.cfg and ddfix.ini. Do I have to put in there the aspect ratio (16:9) somewhere in addition?

Greetings
Andarian
6649a14ac3556
KolyaQuote
DDFix 1.5.12 is the same version that the SS2Tool installs. If voodoo47 was right about the problem stemming from your OS+video card combo you should be using DDFix 1.5.5 and the widescreen mod separately. I would still very much recommend to use the SS2Tool beforehand, just without the DDFix+widescreen option (can be found under bug fixes), because you will need an unwrapped executable that has the hex changes done for DDFix to hook in.
I don't remember having to set the aspect ratio.
6649a14ac3680
✅ AndarianQuote
Thank you very much! With DDfix 1.5.5 and Widescreen mod the game now works fine. No pink boxes, no crashes, just System Shock 2 with very fine graphics on 1920 x 1080.

I use the following mods now and they work fine (together):
ADaoB
SHTUP
Rebirth
tacticool weapons
vurt's hires space
vurt's flora overhaul
vurt's better water mod

Thank's a lot for your support!

With best regards
Andarian
6649a14ac37bc
voodoo47Quote
good to know, I did not try out this fix personally, so I wasn't sure whether it actually works or not.

6649a14ac38b6
KolyaQuote
Basically that means someone who wants to play System Shock 2 on Windows XP with a Radeon card should use SS2Tool version 3.1 which still had DDFix 1.5.5 and the separate widescreen mod.
I'm attaching this older SS2Tool here. Maybe you could test that for us sometime Andarian? No need to screw your working game. Just copy another shock folder somewhere else and point SS2Tool v3.1 to this folder.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact