🔒 Multiplayer player model swap trouble

1 Guest is here.
6637ad0a8037c
ZenQuote
RocketManHahah no worries, seems like a bit of a trial-and-error process- you mentioned you have a Garrett model that has all the correct planes? I wasn't able to find them in Thief 2's files but I'm about to poke around in Thief 1 and see.
6637ad0a80648
RocketManQuote
I'll save you the trouble.
[garrett.e expired]
6637ad0a807bd
ZenQuote
Alright so I've done a whole range of tests trying to find exactly where the fault is along this workflow.
I took the Garrett model you provided and pushed it through the converters on it's own, didn't edit the resulting .3ds file at all, then converted the .3ds file all the way back through to .bin and the player came out invisible.

I also did this with the model found in the Thief 2 mesh.crf
The process was
.bin -> .e -> .3ds -> .e -> .bin

Meanwhile if I edit the .3ds file even slightly, it results in SS2 crashing to desktop, no matter what kind of edits I make, even if I only export it back out without touching anything.
6637ad0a808c0
RocketManQuote
You can't start with a bin file and go backwards.  The planes and boxes are baked in when compiled into bin so trying to pull them back out won't work.  That's why you have to start with the .e.  Did you open the 3ds file generated from the .e provided?  Do you see garrett in your modelling program after eto3ds?
6637ad0a80b6f
ZenQuote
RocketManYep! Garrett works fine as .3ds but still crashes SS2 when I convert him back down to .bin

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact