6647c9ce3b3a5

6647c9ce3c404
1 Guest is here.

Topic: demand system shock 3 Read 3926 times  

6647c9ce3cf2enotaavatar

6647c9ce3d02fnotaavatar

6647c9ce3d0b6
i want system shock 3.

can someone get some lawyers and liberate this game from the chinese and release a sequel?

i know this seems obvious but yeah at least I made a plan

6647c9ce3d460sarge945

6647c9ce3d4d2
Demanding developers release mods quicker is definitely a good way to get people motivated and makes developers want to go out of their way to help you as quickly as possible.

6647c9ce3d656voodoo47

6647c9ce3d6af
and adding as many exclamation and question marks helps even more. also write in all caps for maximum effect.

jokes aside, language barrier, most likely.

6647c9ce3d76cnotaavatar

6647c9ce3d7cf
i want to experience it in relative youth!!! people get depression because all the other games suck

6647c9ce3d890notaavatar

6647c9ce3d8e3
I already am sad because I got to command deck. when i beat deus ex revision earlier this year it was also like coming home to the ghetto after spending a night in versalies mansion.

6647c9ce3d9fbZylonBane

6647c9ce3da5c
Why is this forum such a magnet for semi-literate crazy people?
Acknowledged by 2 members: icemann, Valet2

6647c9ce3db4dvoodoo47

6647c9ce3dba5
youth is relative. and if you can afford to get a depression over the state of the video game industry, then you know real problems are absent in your life.

anyway, I'll talk to TF sometime soonish, we probably should get a bunch of SCP fixes into Secmod.

6647c9ce3dce8notaavatar

6647c9ce3dd44
i think it says something because people put billions? into video games now, and its about as appealing as a disgusting pile of worms! you would think there would be tons of entertainment for everyone because of how much money and popularity video games have received. there is a giant industry now producing stuff I don't want to use! did you not have higher hopes for being able to find easy entertainment when you saw how big it got? even RTS games IMO now are not fun because its centered around some e-sports BS where people play the game in bizarre 'maximized' ways that seem to be totally devoid of strategy and instead have a 'guitar hero' vibe with specific build orders having to be executed perfectly ETC.

6647c9ce3de8bicemann

6647c9ce3deef
Not going to happen. Proposed games get cancelled all the time. I'm still pissed we never got Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 3, Crusader No Remorse 3 and Full Throttle 2, but that's just the way things are.

6647c9ce3e041NeilHoward17

6647c9ce3e0a3
Prey (2017) is as close as we're likely going to get to System Shock 3. And considering that Arx Fatalis is more of and Underworld 3 than acsendant ended up being, we might need to settle for that. An actual System Shock 3 would probably be as maligned as Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
6647c9ce3e2b2
Slightly offtopic but DX:MD wasn't a bad entry in the series and not really maligned for the actual game, just not successful enough to keep the franchise alive and finish the story arc that was always meant to be a trilogy. The bulk of the legitimate criticism came from the publisher sabotaging it with cutting content for DLC and InGame-store crap.

The actual black sheep of the DX-franchise was DX: Invisible War, ironically developed under the helm of Harvey Smith who would later seek redemption by joining Arkane Studios (Arx Fatalis, co-developer of Bioshock 2, Prey) by developing Dishonored. Contrary to popular believe (have learned that pretty late myself), he wasn't actually a lead for the development of Prey, btw.

« Last Edit: 06. January 2024, 11:11:33 by fox »

6647c9ce3e3b3notaavatar

6647c9ce3e42e
lol MKD was pretty good.

If you play all of them together....

revision (so the gfx don't stand out)
 IW
 HR
MKD

.... its like whining about (in this order)

Bentley
50's 'repaired' Chinese bus driving in the DRPK
Porsche
Jaguar

6647c9ce3e54enotaavatar

6647c9ce3e5ab
or maybe DRPK is too harsh. How about Cuba?

6647c9ce3e857notaavatar

6647c9ce3e8ab
and the system shock games are like high end motorcycles (you even die with speed hypos) compared to cars that are deus ex. so ss3 could be between a LS-218 and a vespa

6647c9ce3ec6cNeilHoward17

6647c9ce3ecd5
I still very much like Mankind Divided despite how unstable it runs nowadays, I should have explained why I say it's maligned, and that's Square Enix. The publisher interference which I can just see Tencent doing to System Shock 3 if they ever did anything with it. SHODAN skins for £3.99, pre-order now and get a free auto-hack tool, cut the game in half, expect half a billion in sales, etc.

I just replayed Invisible War, used the Visible Upgrade mod, and the worst thing about it for me was the load times between maps. Thief 3 faired better with the Sneaky Upgrade. I don't think it's a terrible game, there are far far worse. Harvey Smith did redeem himself with Dishonored, and taking the blame and responsibility for IW.

The System Shock 3 we were seeing from Otherside was a bit confusing for me, was it a sequel or a prequel? Was the Blacksite a prologue?
Acknowledged by: fox

6647c9ce3ede9notaavatar

6647c9ce3ee4a
well they put up a transmitter shodan could have uploaded a copy of herself to the signal with the intent to later merge with it too. IT could have been picked up by a deep space relay.

but yes I agree a chinese company really sees the 'stupid masses' of the population to create a product it will not be what we want. quantity over quality for sure. Not to mention its china based company so you get censorship beureo involved.

6647c9ce3ef3bnotaavatar

6647c9ce3ef8f
so a game that makes fun of corporate dystopia excessively made in a corporate communist... topia is not going to process properly lol

you can tell the dev of Ss2 really had a specific view of corporations (like Alien, bladerunner, etc). Imo its accurate, the bigger it is the more ruthless it is and the less you should love it. Save the love of big entities for a fair government lol

6647c9ce3f099sarge945

6647c9ce3f0ef
It's not even "muh CCP", Tencent specifically is extremely well known for predatory development, dumbing down games, and basically making everything they touch worse.

That said, I don't think the CCP would want people talking about the many, or merging with a hivemind that takes away all your individuality. The Many has always been a critique of communism (in my opinion), and it won't work well with China.

6647c9ce3f204notaavatar

6647c9ce3f267
they mention harmony, they love those music analogies in the CCP too. disharmonious = very bad. The many is like hard line 50's china rhetoric. For instance too that the natural state of things is not good and it needs to be controlled/absorbed/moderated. So basically like the many succeed in the great leap forward where china did not.

Rapid growth, total environment modification (naturalism is not communist), harmony... oh man

6647c9ce3f382notaavatar

6647c9ce3f3d8
and they love their organs in communist states too. it goes to theories of soviet cybernetics (which does not mean robots it means control systems, often applied to government. They like to call government entities organs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybernetics_in_the_Soviet_Union

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

System Shock takes place on a space station named ...:
1 Guest is here.
ninjashogun: sheep have no privacy, nor crabs nor birds. privacy is a construct of the human mind, and it is built upon identity. which you don't currently have.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6647c9ce3f582