6647ce48be2b7
bakagamiQuote
Sorry Micheal, looks like you already suggested that
6647ce48be415
ZylonBaneQuote
Stop posting.
6647ce48be61f
KolyaQuote
Searching the US patents and trademark office for "System Shock" turns up this 2 trademarks on "System Shock", one by EA which was abandoned in 2007, the other by the insurance company Meadowbrook who renewed their trademark in August 2011.
Both solely apply to the title "System Shock". The name "SHODAN" is not protected.
Here are the application docs by Meadowbrook. Note the "drawing" which shows the name "SYSTEM SHOCK" solely, black on white.

From this it looks like all EA/Meadowbrook ever had was/is the name of the game (as a trademark). This might need further research: Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS)
This does not include potential intellectual property. I don't know where to look that up.
The Intellectual Property Rights Search of the US Customs and Border Protection turns up empty anyway.
6647ce48be792
voodoo47Quote
interesting - that should, in theory, allow modders to recreate the game (using some new engine, just like the rebooted team attempted to), as long as there is no mention of "system shock" (that would be no problem, the mod can be named "salt the fries" for all I care). until now, I was under the impression that they have every single object/item/logo protected, from Silky the worm to Bananas the monkey.

btw, the search links are already expired.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact