663a373590314

663a3735908de
4 Guests are here.

Topic: Silver's Bioshock mod Version 7.2 Alpha
Page: « 1 [2] 3 ... 14 »
Read 84690 times  

663a373590dcepsikoticsilver

Re: BSK: Silver's Bioshock Mod BETA 4.1 released!
663a373590e3d
I'll keep that in mind, thank you :)

I'm having problems with the hacking speeds not registering properly, so it's holding me back a little.  For some reason it's always 2 seconds per tile, even though I want it faster. I might have to look through the whole hacking file line by line.  :-/

I haven't made a thread there because I didn't know it existed.  I had made a thread on TTGL, and the Official Bioshock forums but I haven't updated those because I wanted to finish version 5 before I make a big deal out of it.

I'll make a post there as soon as I'm done, just like this one :)

663a373590f3bpsikoticsilver

663a373590f8a
Ok, I just finished up the rest of the plasmids (decks 4-7+) using the loot table adjustments I used earlier and I just went through the Hacking.ini file with a fine tooth comb and couldn't find anything, which concerns me...

I'm going to test it a little more and see if I come up with anything.

663a3735910abneoendedsmith

663a373591103
I'm ecstatic you're making such progress :thumbwink:

I agree with "Marvin" also, a thread on www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture could be of interest to shed some needed light on mods on BioShock and could even inspire others to become involved...

663a3735911c1psikoticsilver

663a37359120f
I already have one there from back in the day :)

I plan on releasing info (at least a little) on Bioshock modding shortly after I release my mod too, to help people learn to mod Bioshock so
Re: BSK: Silver's Bioshock Mod BETA 5.0 released!
663a3735915ff
Can't wait to try it out. Alas, university exams go first. :p

663a3735916c2psikoticsilver

Re: Silver's BioShock Difficulty and Balance mod beta 5.0 released!
663a37359171d
I'm working on 5.1 which will include a few bug fixes and balances for decks 5-7.  You can continue to play this version as I doubt anyone will get to deck 5 before I release an update.

663a3735917e4neoendedsmith

663a373591835
Thank you Bro...please excuse me while I enjoy... :)

I'll assume that I'm testing this while I'm enjoying unless you tell me you don't need testing for this release since another will be coming out in a few...

663a37359198epsikoticsilver

663a3735919ec
Any testing you do will be welcome.  Anything I work release in the near future will be minor releases, mainly balancing for later levels and removing small bugs.  I made a version prior to 5.0 (we'll call it the unreleased 4.5) that I used as a template.  As I played the game I made major adjustments as I encountered problems, however I didn't get a full play through of those adjustments, which is where this release comes in.  So yes, testing is appreciated!

As I mentioned earlier, I was starting to evaluate decks 5-7.  I just reached deck 6 which means my bug testing and minor balancing run will be done soon.   I recommend that you keep playing and just update to the latest version when it's out.  You won't miss much, believe me.  If anything, upgrading will just make it more enjoyable.  And if I change anything that pisses you off, let me know and I'll work something out for you (I'm not above making a custom version with a few changes just for you).

663a373591ae3psikoticsilver

663a373591b32
I should have 5.1 out by tomorrow night if all things go well.  If not, it should be out Sunday.

It will have, as I have said, some bug fixes, minor global balancing changes and some decent late game balancing.

Those who already have installed 5.0 will merely have to overwrite it.  Most changes will take effect immediately, however some will only take effect upon traveling to a new level.

663a373591c7dneoendedsmith

663a373591ccf
Thank you for the great news update!!  :thumbwink:

I'm happily playing with v.5.0 and now on deck 4.  I started a new game just to make sure all your new changes would come into effect.  I can tell you've put a lot of time and energy into this release and I thank you for your offer to "work something out" for me, if need be.  One thing I'm wondering...if there are seperate tweak lines for hacking, could you add maybe one second more of a delay when starting the hack on a camera, bot, and safe?  When there are only two tiles uncovered and the flow is pointing to the corner in a half-circle I fail nearly immediately.  I'm great with the speed of the flow but if there is a seperate tweak line for the initial delay before the flow starts on cameras, bots, and safes can about another second be added?

Everything else is great, I admire and appreciate your work.

Also, I noticed you fixed "plasmid bugs as well as the infinite electrocution bug"!!  Congratulations and thank you again.  :)

663a373591dbepsikoticsilver

663a373591e0c
What you need to do is use security expert.  It slows down security systems.

Also use Slowflow to slow down hacking all together.

Safe cracker will help with safe's.

The idea is to make you specialize and buy as many hacking slots as possible.

If you still need it I'll work on one for you that gives you a second or so delay extra.

I'm packaging up the 5.1 fix right now.

663a373591f15psikoticsilver

663a373591f6b
Sorry for the delay, here you go :)

5.1 Changes:
Code: [Select]
Removed increased Big Daddy Vulnerability to explosives.
(TEST) increased Big Daddy and Rosie resistance to shocked, burning, freeze by 15-50%
Reduced ADAM cost of plasmid slots to 200 ADAM
Increased cost of Organic Pockets to 180 from 120
Increased machine resistance to Electrical DAMAGE by 200%. 
Fixed bug where empty machine guns would drop
Decreased cash drops on decks 2-7.
Restored flame thrower to original damage
Reduced damage resistance by 20% for the following enemies:
- Leadhead Splicers (decks 5-6) (Except Anti Personnel)
- Molotov Splicers (decks 5-6) (Except Anti Personnel)
Reduced damage resistance by 10% for the following enemies:
- Leadhead Splicers (deck 7) (Except Anti Personnel)
- Molotov Splicers (deck 7) (Except Anti Personnel)
Increased damage resistance by 20% for the following enemies:
- Cameras (deck 6-7s) (except Armor Piercing)
Increased damage resistance by 10% for the following enemies
- Elite Bouncers
- Elite Rosies
- Cameras (deck 4-5s) (except Armor Piercing)
- Electric Melee thugs (Except Anti Personnel)
- Hundini Splicters (decks 5-7) (Except Anti Personell)
« Last Edit: 14. February 2009, 01:19:26 by psikoticsilver »

663a37359202aneoendedsmith

Re: Silver's BioShock Difficulty and Balance mod beta 5.1 released!
663a373592083
Great stuff to look forward to here PSiKoTiCSiLVeR...thank you for the continued work.

I'll give "SlowFlow" a whirl, thanks for the advice.

Off to enjoy...

663a37359212dpsikoticsilver

663a37359217b
Be sure to download 5.1 before you reach deck 5 :o

and tell me if you find any bugs or balancing issues

663a37359223aneoendedsmith

663a373592310
Loving your latest tweaks, and haven't found any issues but I'm still on deck 4...I had to re-format my drive because of some unstable programs and I'm also taking it slow and enjoying the in-game scenery as always.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!...Later

663a3735923e7psikoticsilver

663a373592448
Deck 4 is my favorite :O

Such a fun level

I love Sander Fucking Cohen
« Last Edit: 14. February 2009, 01:53:03 by psikoticsilver »

663a37359252epsikoticsilver

663a37359257f
Slight update... I revised my change log and corrected MOST of the typos.  Usually I worked on the log at the end of the night when I was too tired to correct my notes.

I've been taking a break from all things Bioshock to clear my mind and start fresh when I begin working on my mod again.  I'll have more news on updates in the next week.

663a373592647neoendedsmith

663a373592696
Good deal Bro...I'll check out your updated notes, look forward to your next revision, and continue to enjoy!!

Also, I LOVE that line "Sander Fucking Cohen" and the other one I love is when the "Baby Jane Lead-Head Splicer" says "Shit, Shit...Shiiiiiit!!"  I love it all!!

663a373592748psikoticsilver

663a3735927ab
Neo, did you download 5.1?

Also, what are your experiences so far?

Any balancing issues?  Bugs?  Exploits?  Loot issues?  Too much cash, too much ammo?  Too little?

663a3735929e3neoendedsmith

663a373592a36
I've got v.5.1 and I've got no bugs or exploits and everything's balanced in my opinion, but I've noticed that I lose my hacked bots if I go too fast too far sometimes.  Example, when I go to the other end of a (theoretical) hall and up a set of (theoretical) stairs.  When I notice it's not following me...I wait for it...then I realize I have to go back to get it.  I go back to where it's hovering, deactivate it, reactivate it, then it follows me normally again.  Have you encountered this problem?  Is there a tweak to change how far you get away from them before they move to follow you again?  Cuz I'm trying to figure out why sometimes I move and it follows...and other times I move and it just stays there.  Maybe if the time the bot waits before it starts to follow you is decreased, it will be more likely to always follow.  This isn't any bug or your part by the way...I've always noticed it.  If you've noticed a tweak while you were in the INI files that could change this then awesome...but if not please don't go through any trouble for it.  You've done an outstanding job here!!

Also, no problems with loot either...except the annoying 2k programmer's bug where there's never ever anything in the Grenade Boxes...2k said they fixed it with v.1.1 Patch...I never noticed a difference.

I just had an idea as I was typing here...is there a tweak to increase how many NPCs are spawned?  This wouldn't be anything you'd probably want in your mod but if you know the tweak line, I could play with it.  I'd love to blow away like 5 Splicers at once or test myself surviving a splicer mob-rush with ingenuity of different plasmids and such!!

I'll be back off to enjoy soon...

663a373592b8cpsikoticsilver

663a373592bdf
I noticed the bot issue.  Do you remember if you encountered anything of the sort in Bioshock 1.1 without my mod?  There's a file that might have settings regarding it, I will check it out but don't hold out much hope.

I can't control how many splicers are spawned, however I can control the distance in which foes are spawned and in turn this will increase the frequency of enemy encounters.  In this mod I have increased the spawn distance.

The grenade boxes... I've actually noticed that it effects regular grenades.  In version 4 of my mod you could find other types of grenades in the boxes... when I removed them from this mod I noticed I found no grenades period.

Thanks for the input, this gives me a few ideas for experimentation.  I'll test a few things :)

663a373592da1neoendedsmith

663a373592df8
Yes, I did have the problem with bots without your mod.  Please don't take this as 100%...but I think the chances of the bot not following me has increased...I think

Here's what I propose...

I was re-reading your notes yesterday for the updates you referred to and I noticed something...I'm pretty sure that I forgot to do step #4 in your installation instructions (moving "Localizedint.lbf" from Content directory to "System" directory.  If I did forget...is that bad?  Is some form of functionality missing from your mod?  I haven't noticed anything different except your latest tweaks etc.  So, if functionality is lost because of that file, I will test BioShock v.1.1 without your mod since I'll have to start a new game and I'll see how often I can get the bots to lose me and relay you any findings.  This way you can take that "break" you referred to yesterday.

Lemme know, I'll help in any way...

663a373592f46psikoticsilver

663a373592f9a
I'll see if I can find some code concerning the distance bots deactivate from the user.  Personally I remember the bots deactivated when I got too far from them in the 1.1 version but I wanted to make sure you did as well.

"Localizedint.lbf" is simply a file containing text throughout the game in the language which the user purchased Bioshock.  In other words, it's a giant file of tooltips and such in the user's language.  I did not wish to include it with my package because I use the American Version and I wanted the files to be more compatible with other localized versions.

I need to do some more experimentation with these files.  So far I've been dealing with them in the way Brazuca had originally done since it was guaranteed to work.

663a3735930abneoendedsmith

663a373593102
Hey Bro, just wanted to check in to say that I'm still active and here for you if you need anything.  Still replicating the Bot error.  It seems that it has some sort of "inactivity timer" (I'm assuming) because when I stand still for about three-five minutes (say I'm reloading my guns and taking inventory for a big battle I know is coming up and I go to the bathroom)...then run off all of a sudden...it stays...but I'm not having any trouble with them losing me otherwise.  I've successfully replicated this twice...but I've tried this same thing seven times total...there's no constant...I guess something else is at play here.

I guess you're enjoying your well-deserved break (if you took it)...later Bro.  :thumbwink:

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of ____ and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
4 Guests are here.
Not a lot of people have that kind of information.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663a3735932ca