66474c77d10b6

66474c77d1616
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Bank of Ireland glitch Read 993 times  

66474c77d1ddeZylonBane

66474c77d1e35
Cryptic headline? Invitation to click on a mysterious link? Nonsensical text that claims the link is both a video and a pamphlet?

Congratulations on your perfect impersonation of a spambot.
Acknowledged by 2 members: fox, icemann

66474c77d1fd6Nameless Voice

66474c77d202a
Really bizarre post / thread / video that is not related and makes no sense.

I do have context about the glitch, though.
There was a glitch yesterday where Bank of Ireland was allowing people to withdraw more money than they currently had on their accounts.

For reasons I don't truly understand, large numbers of people were queueing up outside ATMs for "free money", and there were crowds of people using the money to buy TVs and things.

Since the people need to use their own bank cards to take money out of their own accounts, they are at best getting overdrawn and will have to pay the money back (probably with interest.)  At worst, the bank would be entitled to charge them with theft.

The Gardai went out to some ATMs in Dublin, I'm not sure if they were there to protect the bank, to protect people from being mugged since there was lots of cash around, or to protect people from their own stupidity.

66474c77d2287sarge945

Acknowledged by: icemann

66474c77d2513Roarkes

66474c77d256a
A fool and his money, I guess...
I guess a fool, if you refering to me, can make a pamphlet inside a video.
The pamphlet is the text and it is legal in my country.
The text ridicules the bank problem and that if Shodan where to exists sometime in the future, it will turn people on eachother.
I was wrong to asume that in the game Shodan does this ?
66474c77d2a1c
I guess a fool, if you refering to me, can make a pamphlet inside a video.
The pamphlet is the text and it is legal in my country.
The text ridicules the bank problem and that if Shodan where to exists sometime in the future, it will turn people on eachother.
I was wrong to asume that in the game Shodan does this ?

I think Sarge945 was referring not to you, but to the people who withdrew money when they learned about the glitch, as they somehow imagined that they could keep the 'free' money, and that the bank wouldn't have procedures in place for prosecuting people for cases such as this. Banks employ excellent lawyers, and both the heads of banks and their top lawyers will have considered everything that could go wrong, and how to legally counter it.

66474c77d2d6bsarge945

66474c77d2dc2
I think Sarge945 was referring not to you, but to the people who withdrew money when they learned about the glitch, as they somehow imagined that they could keep the 'free' money, and that the bank wouldn't have procedures in place for prosecuting people for cases such as this. Banks employ excellent lawyers, and both the heads of banks and their top lawyers will have considered everything that could go wrong, and how to legally counter it.

This.

You're literally stupid if you think you can outsmart a bank.

I see people try to do it all the time with credit cards.

"Oh they give me cash back and no fees, so I just pay on time and I can OUTSMART THE BANK!"

Inveitably they always end up missing a payment and paying more than they earned through the scheme.

Banks aren't stupid and will never put themselves in a position to give out free money. Even with a software glitch, they will have accurate logs of every transaction and you're foolish if you think they will go "oh well the machine said he had more money so we will honour that". Banks are scum and NEVER give anything away for free.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Who's your favourite artificial intelligence:
1 Guest is here.
It takes one to know one and I think you got it bad.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66474c77d2f14