Timeline of Events in the System Shock Universe

1 Guest is here.
6648a05d12edb
Nameless VoiceQuote
I just realised that the cryo tube in the intro reads "Healing time: 5 months 0 weeks 0 days".

Yet this is only a space of five days:

7 July 2114 Soldier G65434-2 is transferred to Cryo Recovery.
12 July 2114 Soldier G65434-2 is awakened from his healing coma
6648a05d131ed
KolyaQuote
If we took that display to be true Goggles would have been frozen in February 2114, long before SHODAN came aboard. That doesn't make sense.
Since there's an error with the cryo tube's wakeup sequence the display can be considered wrong as well.
So yeah, his healing coma took only five days when the same procedure lasted 6 months for the hacker in 2072. Gotta love technology.
6648a05d135e9
unn_atroposQuote
It could make sense if you consider the fact that Delacroix doesn't know Googles in person. He came on board in January. If he wasn't frozen in the early days of February but later, some important people should have known him.
Or where did he stay this whole time?

I'm very happy about this timeline. In the game it was hard to realise when logs were written(and under which circumstances). They all are dated, of course. But they are lying around everywhere and sometimes I wonder how a specific message has come to be placed were it is.
6648a05d136f8
KolyaQuote
No one needs to have known Goggles. He was just a grunt among many others who stayed at the Rickenbacker and didn't have much contact with the crew of the VB. Besides the logs make it quite clear that he was ordered his plant-job and recovery freeze by the PolitoForm.
6648a05d1383e
DrewQuote
I was under the impression that the explosion which cripples the Rickenbacher is what you see at the very beginning of the game that causes the recovery unit to get exposed to hard vacuum. If so, that would put Palito's suicide after Shodan has been using her to communicate with the player which would make a certain kind of sense. It would also space Goggles's many and varied achievements over a longer period of time which would also be somewhat less superhero-like. If I'm mistaken then I am unclear as to what causes that explosion to begin with. Er I'm still somewhat confused as I fail to see what the point of sabotaging the <technobabble> served except to kill a lot of people. Maybe that was all.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact