Timeline of Events in the System Shock Universe

1 Guest is here.
664890488e0ce
EnchantermonQuote

Quote by Drew:
I was under the impression that the explosion which cripples the Rickenbacher is what you see at the very beginning of the game that causes the recovery unit to get exposed to hard vacuum.
That was just a radar dish that was unstable and broke away from the Von Braun. It was not a piece of the Rickenbacker.

Quote by Drew:
If I'm mistaken then I am unclear as to what causes that explosion to begin with. Er I'm still somewhat confused as I fail to see what the point of sabotaging the <technobabble> served except to kill a lot of people. Maybe that was all.
You mean the Meson Acceleration Coil?
It was probably sabotaged to try to prevent people from reaching the Bridge.

Quote by Kolya:
12 July 2114 Soldier G65434-2 is awakened from his healing coma, avoids death several hundred times, destroys the Many Brain, and possibly destroys one incarnation of SHODAN. (Polito 120714, Delacroix 120714)
One of Delacroix's logs on July 11th mentions the players to Cortez. She refers to him being "armed to the hilt." Regardless of what training path you choose, the best weapon you can hope to wake up with at the beginning of the game is (iirc) a grenade launcher, which I wouldn't consider "armed to the hilt" and I doubt Delacroix would, either. This log seems to indicate that Goggles has already been awakened and activated for at least a few hours.
664890488e9af
KolyaQuote

Quote by Enchantermon:

Quote by Kolya:
12 July 2114 Soldier G65434-2 is awakened from his healing coma, avoids death several hundred times, destroys the Many Brain, and possibly destroys one incarnation of SHODAN. (Polito 120714, Delacroix 120714)
One of Delacroix's logs on July 11th mentions the players to Cortez. She refers to him being "armed to the hilt." Regardless of what training path you choose, the best weapon you can hope to wake up with at the beginning of the game is (iirc) a grenade launcher, which I wouldn't consider "armed to the hilt" and I doubt Delacroix would, either. This log seems to indicate that Goggles has already been awakened and activated for at least a few hours.

Think you can dig up the messages (Polito 120714, Delacroix 120714) Zygoptera referred to? That might shed a light on whether this is a failure in the timeline or in the game itself.
664890488eccf
EnchantermonQuote
I'm guessing the Polito reference is talking about the e-mails that Shodan sends you under the guise of Polito, since Polito killed herself on the 10th:

DATE 10.JUL.14
JANICE POLITO, RICKENBACKER: PANDORA
To: Delacroix, Dr. Marie.
The genie of Citadel station is out of the bottle, and I am the cause. I can't bear to be Pandora. And I'm not brave enough to wait around and see the death and misery I have caused... This is my last transmission, my friend. Be careful... I think SHODAN has plans for you.

As for Delacroix, her two logs on that day are talking about the transmitter and then the one left for the player to find on her body in the Command Shuttle Bay.

DATE 12.JUL.14
MARIE DELACROIX, RECREATION: TRUSTING SHODAN
The Annelids have cut us off from the transmitter. SHODAN tells me that once we've got the transmitter back on line and the ops computers reprogrammed, she'll be able to take control of the ship away from Xerxes. Who should I trust less? An imposter claiming to be that monster, or the monster herself?

DATE 12.JUL.14
MARIE DELACROIX, COMMAND: SH$8DD@#N'S PL4N
They've got me now... And SHODAN has abandoned me. I'm not surprised... I've discovered her plans for the faster than light drives... her will is only matched by her imagination... if she gains access to the <>

So indeed the player was awakened on the 12th, since the very first e-mail you get from Polito is dated the 12th.

EmailName15:"POLITO 12.JUL.14\nre: Ship damage\n"
EmailPortrait15:"Polito"
EmailIcon15:"OpsIcon"
EmailText15:"Watch out... I'm getting strange readings from that radar dish outside the window.  It's become unstable due to... Move! Take cover!\n"

I hadn't even thought of checking the dates of the e-mails until I started writing this post. So unless I'm missing something, it must be an inconsistency in the logs.
664890488ee12
KolyaQuote
Oh well, the source of that information can be considered unreliable at best.
(SHODAN has told me that there is a UNN operative aboard the ship, armed to the hilt and equipped with soft moist cake.)

664890488f8f8
EnchantermonQuote

Quote by Kolya:
(SHODAN has told me that there is a UNN operative aboard the ship, armed to the hilt and equipped with soft moist cake.)
Heh. Nice one.
I don't know...it doesn't make sense that Shodan would lie about something like that, but then again, who knows. Maybe Delacroix was finding out some dangerous information and it was a warning that Shodan could use someone else if Delacroix went against her wishes.

Quote by Kolya:
3 March 2072 A drug trafficking suspect commits suicide in her cell. (Verrelli 030372)
Where did this come from? I never remember finding a log about a drug trafficker, much less someone named Verrelli.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact