SS2 Minimal HUD

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/4▶▶
664ae299b1f94
ZylonBaneQuote
Over a decade after first threatening to do this, here it is...

System Shock 2 Minimal HUD v2
16 Mar 2020
by ZylonBane

This mod minimizes the "shoot" mode HUD as much as possible.
The "use" mode HUD is unchanged.

The mod makes the following changes:
- Changes crosshair to a small transparent dot.
- Changes enemy health bars to thin single-colored lines.
- Reduces size of targeting brackets.
- Removes background for object descriptions at top of screen.
- Removes health/psi frame and slims down bars.
- Removes weapon info frame. A transparent black background is
  retained so text is still legible against light environments.

If used with SHTUP, this should be placed at a higher priority in the mod manager.
Note that this incorporates the Minimal Health Bar mod, so you don't need to install both of them.
Acknowledged by: hemebond
664ae299b2131
CreamyQuote
Interesting mod. Checked it out for an hour or so. I never realized how much I used the brackets to distinguish whether or not I'm hovering over an item.

One (very) minor annoyance is that flavor text that appears at the top center of the screen isn't... well, centered for shorter description texts, as seen in the attached picture to the original post. Obviously this is no fault of the mod, but I guess isn't as noticeable with the normal box that appears. Still, this is a very clean way to play the game, and one I'm likely to use for quite a while!
664ae299b224a
ZylonBaneQuote
The descriptive text isn't centered for anything; it's all flush left in the box that I removed. You can still see the box when hovering over things in Use mode.

Yup, the brackets are useful, but I was going for FULL MINIMALISM! with this.
664ae299b2358
CreamyQuote
This is my current setup, and my preferred way of playing Shock 2 for the time being, so thanks for keeping the experience fresh! Love that minimalist approach. I've also found your no-HUD mod wonderful for capturing short videos which I've turned into a series of looping GIFs (you can check the thread out here)

EDIT: now that I look at it, I guess I don't need both audio log mods running. The autoplay one is how I prefer it.
[Capture.PNG expired]
664ae299b2463
KolyaQuote
Some pretty loops you got there!  :thumb:

Page: 1/4▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact