Kyu's WeaponFX:
{alt}
{alt}

{alt}
{alt}

{alt}

------------------------------
REQUIRES SCP
A general weapon looks and feel update, goes really well with models that are of higher detail and have the left hand included.
DML-based, can be easily applied on top of other mods, mid-playthrough.
  • Modifies on-screen weapon positions for Pistol, Shotgun, Assault Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Laser Pistol and EMP Rifle.
  • Replaces muzzle flash textures for Pistol, Assault Rifle and Shotgun, tweaks their animations and adds extra lighting to shots.
  • Scales down ejected casings size.
    1.2: Shotgun shells were made slightly bigger compared to those seen in the previous versions of the mod.
    1.2.1: Ejection has more force now.
  • Includes a small tweak to remove the full pump sound from the shotgun, now it's just the initial rack, making it feel like some kind of a self-loading mechanism instead of a pump shotgun without an animation.
  • NEW IN 1.1: Adds unique new particles for muzzle flash smoke and sparks.
  • NEW IN 1.1: Adds unique new particles for Assault Rifle casing ejection.
    1.2: Case ejection puff was made slightly more noticable.
    1.3: Case ejection puff is now properly attached to the Assault Rifle, improves the looks in motion.
  • NEW IN 1.1: Adds a new Grenade Launcher muzzle effect.
  • NEW IN 1.1: Adds one-to-one tracers for Pistol and Assault Rifle shots.
    1.2: Smoke particles and a bit of glow were added to tracers.
  • FIXED IN 1.1.1: Tracers no longer bounce off explosions.
  • NEW IN 1.2: Adds one-to-one tracers for Shotgun slugs and pellets.
  • NEW IN 1.2: Adds smoke trails to ejected casings and shells.
  • NEW IN 1.3: Adds smoke trails to weapon barrels when shooting.
  • FIXED IN 1.3.1: Hybrids' shotguns are no longer discriminated.

Kyu's MinHUD:

A derivative of ZylonBane's Minimal HUD, still rather minimal, but with a bit more extra flavour to it.
  • Replaces the HP/PSI frame, both in SHOOT and USE modes. Only includes the bar for HP, PSI is just a number now.
  • Replaces the AMMO panel, removes the weapon condition display. Check your inventory yourself if you want to know how your weapon is doing.
  • Replaces the SHOOT crosshair with a small slightly transparent dot. USE mode has a somewhat bigger dot as a cursor.
  • Replaces enemy health bars with a much thinner, single colour only one, to match the rest of the HUD colour scheme.
  • Derived from Minimal HUD, entity frames are now thinner.
  • Derived from Minimal HUD, entity information frame on the top of the screen is removed in SHOOT mode, leaving solid black background in USE mode.
  • Adds proper transparency for compass graphics.

Kyu's WeaponSTATs:
MADE WITH SCP IN MIND BUT MOST LIKELY DOESN'T REQUIRE IT
A personal preference based weapon stats modification, only for ballistic weapons.
Upgrades for all weapons listed here are made far more generic and less magical. First upgrade increases weapon damage, second one does so even more. Everything else is omitted completely. The base of the upgrade script was derived from RoSoDude's Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines mod, huge thanks for allowing this to be possible.
DML-based, can be easily applied on top of other mods, mid-playthrough.
  • Pistols:
    Magazines are reduced to only hold seven rounds.
    Fire rate is unlocked, pistols can be fired as quickly as the new round is chambered into the slide.
    Burst fire is removed entirely, semi-auto only.
  • Shotguns:
    Shell tubes can only hold five cartridges.
    What supposedly was full pump-action is now replaced with a slow self-loading mechanism, improving the fire rate somewhat, tweaked sound included.
    Alternative fire mode is a triple shot, justifying the increased three-shell use.
    Hybrid shotguns are still broken, but the "JAMMED" state is removed from them, allowing the player to take those and at least try to fire off a few shots before the weapon jams up.
  • Assault Rifles:
    Magazines can hold STANAG-standard thirty rounds.
    Assault rifles won't take Anti-Personnel or Armour-Piercing rounds anymore. Standard only.
    Rate of fire should be more consistent between different assault rifles now, averaging out at about 600RPM.
  • Grenade Launchers:
    Unlocked rate of fire, grenades can be shot as quickly as the cylinder cycles.
The mod includes per-map DML tweaks to eliminate behaviour inconsistencies between various weapon pickups and bring down their loaded magazines under the re-adjusted limits. Credit for the base of said DML files once again goes to RoSoDude and their Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines mod.
If you spot any weapon pickups exceeding their intended mag sizes, report them here, I'll do my best to fix those up. Be sure to state where you spotted said pickups and when.

Downloads:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/290514014310498306/742816879294283947/kyu_weapon_fx_1.3.1.7z
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/290514014310498306/740312180423131220/kyu_hud_1.0.7z
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/290514014310498306/742816879139225610/kyu_weapon_stats_1.0.7z
Alternatively, you can also use the files provided in the attachments section.
« Last Edit: 22. May 2021, 07:37:16 by Moderator »
Acknowledged by: RoSoDude

663ceca332221voodoo47

Re: SS2 Kyu's Boredom-induced Modding (WeaponFX, MinHUD)
663ceca332276
note that modifying the size of the ejected casings means they will have different size than the decorative casings scattered throughout the levels. not very likely anyone would notice, but we care about the details.

also, bad archive format, there should be no extra folder inside the archive (so no kyu_weapon_fx folder and no kyu_hud folder, just the resource files/folders).
663ceca332392
Kinda forgot about mod-manager installs initially.
Fixed both archives to be properly formatted.
Personally, I am fine with ejected casings being smaller than decorative ones if that means I am not going to be seeing oversized shells flying out of the weapon right in front of my face.

663ceca33245cvoodoo47

663ceca3324a8
the mods are simple, and I see no errors in the dml log, so if this is what you want to publish at this moment, we can move the topic to the mods subforum (would recommend adding a version to the archives if that's the case).

the vanilla shotgun hand mesh looks.. questionable.
663ceca33258b
Got no objections, will be glad to see it there.
Versions added to the archive names.
« Last Edit: 04. August 2020, 20:58:11 by AyyKyu »

663ceca3328absarge945

Re: SS2 Kyu's Minimods (WeaponFX, MinHUD)
663ceca332901
This is great! Thanks!

Any plans in doing the other weapons?

663ceca3334adRoSoDude

663ceca333517
Got a simple reduced magsize rework in progress, looking for ways to prevent upgrades from expanding magazine sizes.
Easily was able to change upgrade-less magazine sizes with DML edits, but just can't figure out how to change those which come with upgrades for weapons.

This is controlled by the [...]Modify script on each weapon archetype, not any object property. If you would like to change what the modifications do, you need to write your own custom replacement script. Check how I did this for Standard weapon modifications in my Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines mod (I unified their upgrades and reduced base magazine capacities), it's rather simple.

EDIT: oh, and you should also check the maps for weapons that are at level 1 modification (e.g. the Pistol in medsci2.mis).

663ceca333641ZylonBane

663ceca333693
I don't think I've ever seen a game weapon muzzle flash that looks like that. Reminds me of a jellyfish, or a flower.

663ceca333a06voodoo47

663ceca333a5a
you should also check the maps for weapons that are at level 1 modification (e.g. the Pistol in medsci2.mis).
this has been fixed (modlevel removed) for all the SS2 builds out there, so unless you are running a manually NewDarked cd install, you should be good.

663ceca333e30RoSoDude

663ceca333e84
this has been fixed (modlevel removed) for all the SS2 builds out there, so unless you are running a manually NewDarked cd install, you should be good.
What I was referring to is that in SCP (ADaOB?), the weapons with mod level 1 all have modified BaseGunDesc flags to match (which I think is good, but should be noted if you edit base/modded stats and want to be compatible).

Here's SCP's medsci2.mis. A Pistol (1431) has mod level 1 and the associated stim mult and clip that should come with it.
https://i.imgur.com/FTsP0Uz.png
https://i.imgur.com/mb1lfFc.png

Here's SCP's eng1.mis. A Shotgun (1061) has mod level 1 and the associated stim mult and reload time that should come with it.
https://i.imgur.com/Ll4BOuY.png
https://i.imgur.com/wW3twsL.png

Here's SCP's command2.mis. An EMP Rifle (1329) has mod level 1 and the associated stim mult and clip that should come with it.
https://i.imgur.com/R1vBhDq.png
https://i.imgur.com/fKWZ172.png

I don't remember any others off the top of my head.

663ceca333f43voodoo47

663ceca333f94
not sure about ADaoB, but correct for SCP (forgot this mod actually requires it for a moment). so yeah, if your mod changes how the modifications work, you will have to dml strip that away.

663ceca3342e1RocketMan

663ceca334339
Without the original to compare against, I'm kind of guessing here but there may be an unreasonable perspective amplification of the casing sizes, even if they were designed to be the same as the floor casings.  The casings in this mod seem perfectly fine for what they ought to be.  If they were any bigger than that they might be too big.  I think the camera might be doing odd things to the scale of objects when they're so close to the viewer.  Also the hand is nice for weapons that need 2 but I think again, according to the rules of perspective, the placement of the entire gun may need to be shifted back so the arm isn't so extended.  Also Goggles has a shirt sleeve that should be visible in hand models and there's no reason to believe he'd roll them up to fire a gun.
663ceca334496
WeaponFX updated to 1.1, now includes various new particles to add smoke and sparks to weapon fire.
EDIT1: Added a quick 1.1.1 fix to get rid of tracers that bounce off explosions.
EDIT2: WeaponFX updated to 1.2, now has extra particles for tracers and spent cartridge ejection.
EDIT3: 1.2.1 adds a bit more force to ejection to compliment smoke trails.
EDIT4: 1.3 is up, more ejection polish and barrel smoke trails.
EDIT5: 1.3.1 of WeaponFX embraces Hybrids' Shotguns and WeaponSTATs sees its 1.0 release.
« Last Edit: 11. August 2020, 19:32:36 by AyyKyu »

663ceca33465aRocketMan

663ceca3346a6
Effects that are very good:

The smoke trails on the tip of the gun after shooting. 
The flinders and tracers
The smoke puffs

Effects that need work or don't improve:

The weapon flash isn't better than the SHTUP version
The smoke coming from the spent casings as they fall should be toned down considerably so it's only ghostly.
Arm models are good but aren't finished.  Need extra detailing for clothing.  Arm changes believability of the perspective on certain weapons like shotgun which should be moved back to compensate.

General note:

1 thing people seem to get wrong is how the perspective and aim work on a player.  There's a triangle between the player's eyeball, the tip of the gun and the actual target that form the perspective angles that you see when aiming a gun.  As long as it's a triangle and not a line (as it would be if your eye was lined up with the bore sight), then you don't just point the gun at the target reticule.  Most guns I see are pointed right at the reticule and it looks weird.  The shotty for example should be straightened out considerably.  It will still point a the target but won't line up with the reticule and will look 100% better and execute better movements too.
663ceca334b38
Arm models are good but aren't finished.  Need extra detailing for clothing.  Arm changes believability of the perspective on certain weapons like shotgun which should be moved back to compensate.
That hand model is part of this mod which I have no authority over, all criticism on that front should be directed there.
Everything else is down to personal interpretation and preferences, easily re-configurable if you got the basic grasp of DMLs.
I stick with my feelings of weapon positioning and exaggerated effects, tweak stuff on your own if that doesn't work with you.

663ceca334bf3RocketMan

663ceca334c52
Wasn't meant as an attack.  Just saying the perspective thing is tricky and is doubly so with an arm in there so it's a path for continued improvement.

663ceca334d12MR Nobody

663ceca334d5e
I cannot get this to run for the life of me. Is there any specific load order it requires? Do I need tacticool to run it? My shotgun and energy pistol are the old models while the Rifle is the new one.

663ceca334e4cvoodoo47

663ceca334e99
if you want it to look like what's displayed in the first post, yes, you will need Tacticool, and the hand mesh package.

663ceca3350e2MR Nobody

663ceca335143
if you want it to look like what's displayed in the first post, yes, you will need Tacticool, and the hand mesh package.

Hand mesh sounds like my problem, I take it I need to pull it from tacticool or does it have a download some where?

663ceca33537eMR Nobody

663ceca3353d5
Hand mesh sounds like my problem, I take it I need to pull it from tacticool or does it have a download some where?

That did it, Thank you! It also helps to put it at top priority.

663ceca335486voodoo47

663ceca3354d5
never do anything manually - you just need to have Tacticool loaded, then the hand mesh package, then this mod.

663ceca3355d7TarnationBob

663ceca335625
Great mod - really enhances the gunplay.                                  On another note, Ive noticed the shotgun model is different from the standard Tacticool model: its missing that bizarre piston assembly running from the receiver to the pump. Does anybody know where to get this model?                                          Thanks.

663ceca33584bEther Bot

663ceca335897
It looks like the link to kyu_hud_1.0.7z is broken

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and ____!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
You turn the page, you wash your hands.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663ceca3369b1