663d08cd1d8f9

663d08cd1e038
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Pistol Hybrid
Page: « 1 ... 5 [6]
Read 12662 times  

663d08cd1e55e
I want to add this to my setup with Secmod 3. I'm still running through the SS1 remake at the moment but I will hit SS2 next, wanna be sure it's still good to go and will report any issues.

663d08cd1e667voodoo47

663d08cd1e6bc
should work as described in the first post.
663d08cd1e7f7
Of course, I didn't know if something changed where it wasn't compatible anymore. Curious about how it'd interact with @sarge945's Randomizer mod, I assume similar to everything else, but IDK.

663d08cd1e8b0voodoo47

663d08cd1e8fc
I see no reason why it wouldn't work, randomizing loot tables shouldn't pose a problem. unless the mod also affects guaranteed loot, which isn't something it should be doing.

excellent opportunity to find out?

663d08cd20192sarge945

663d08cd201fc
Of course, I didn't know if something changed where it wasn't compatible anymore. Curious about how it'd interact with @sarge945's Randomizer mod, I assume similar to everything else, but IDK.

It works pretty well and should be quite seamless.

From the mod page:

Q: Does enemy randomisation work with other mods, such as Pistol Hybrids or Shard Hybrids?
A: Yes, but it will affect the enemy spawn ratios. If a pipe hybrid is spawned, it may then be replaced with a pistol hybrid, for instance, reducing the total number of pipe hybrids. Please also keep in mind that some enemy replacement mods don't respect patrol paths, links, or triggers, so enemy AI may be affected. This is an issue with these mods which I cannot fix.

I see no reason why it wouldn't work, randomizing loot tables shouldn't pose a problem. unless the mod also affects guaranteed loot, which isn't something it should be doing.

The only time it specifically changes guaranteed loot is when you have enemy randomisation enabled, it removes the batteries from the enemies in rick1 and places them into containers (which then allows them to be randomised with all the other loot in the level), since otherwise finding a battery on a spider (which replaced a midwife) can be...uhhh.

There are a few instances where enemies have some random hypos which I didn't care enough about to keep, so they may or may not be there depending on if they get replaced or not. But overall no random items should be removed. Let me know if I missed anything (most likely some of the enemies with guaranteed organ drops)

I could add a global check to see if an enemy has guaranteed loot, and if so, don't randomise it under any circumstances. I originally decided against this because losing out on randomising some enemies didn't seem worth it for an extra hypo or two. I might do it specifically for organs, though.
« Last Edit: 24. October 2023, 12:40:04 by sarge945 »

663d08cd20335voodoo47

663d08cd20386
that's the neat part, Pistol hybrid mod doesn't really replace any AIs, it just gives them a different skin (with a probability of your choice). so all scripted sequences, triggers etc will be respected - a good example is the video in the first post, where a corpse is being angrily beaten by a hybrid, but the hybrid is not whacking it with a pipe, but whipping it with a pistol instead.

Shard hybrid mod works differently, it just creates a new AI archetype and then modifies the map spawn lists to include it. simple (and compatible only with the base game), but again, not going to break anything, and that's what counts.
663d08cd2072b
sarge945I see. I read the description of your mod multiple times and still forgot what it said about compatibility with this mod.   :(

663d08cd20d81sarge945

663d08cd20dd7
that's the neat part, Pistol hybrid mod doesn't really replace any AIs, it just gives them a different skin (with a probability of your choice). so all scripted sequences, triggers etc will be respected - a good example is the video in the first post, where a corpse is being angrily beaten by a hybrid, but the hybrid is not whacking it with a pipe, but whipping it with a pistol instead.

Shard hybrid mod works differently, it just creates a new AI archetype and then modifies the map spawn lists to include it. simple (and compatible only with the base game), but again, not going to break anything, and that's what counts.

Good to know

sarge945I see. I read the description of your mod multiple times and still forgot what it said about compatibility with this mod.   :(
Yeah the mod page is a little long-winded, I should probably cut it down a bit.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the main villain of the System Shock series:
1 Guest is here.
You turn the page, you wash your hands.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663d08cd20ede