663c9d8b253d1

663c9d8b25920
1 Guest is here.

663c9d8b264cf
Tags: °gamesys °mesh °object °sound °SS2

This mod is an enemy conversion for System Shock 2.
It's compatible with HiTorque's MedSci mod.

It started in a cold night of February 2005 when Kolya inspired by the upcoming "BioShock" and bored with the original sounds ("Run!") decided to give the Many and their allies the voices of the original German version of System Shock 2.
Drunk not only by his vision he swiftly made up a weird backgroundstory (to be found below) and proceeded to take advantage of the fact that he runs a System Shock mod forum by releasing the results of last night's work.

In September of the same year Arcaniac, veteran of game modding (chief modeler/skinner for the Half-Life mod series 'They Hunger.') watched a couple of WW2 themed movies (the local movie rental place had a WWII sale).
Then he played System Shock 2 with Kolya's mod and got drunk too and had one of those 'wouldn't it be funny if...' thoughts, that he fortunately was to subborn to let go of once he had sobered up.
Not long after that he made his appearance on the System Shock scene. And he had a complete model pack in his bag that replaced all relevant enemy-models with high-poly, WW2 styled Germans plus a whole slew of redone or advanced high poly weapons.

These two mods were meant to be played together. And here they are happily combined.

-----------------------------
BACKGROUNDSTORY
-----------------------------

They had never been able to deceive you.
A lifelong selfeducation with James Bond movies and WWII submarine simulations had made you attentive to the broken English this so called Many spoke to set you up. When SHODAN described her creation as "fearless, powerful, with no sense of individual will or moral constraints" you knew right away that it was actually GerMany. Also the sausages sticking out of their heads had been a dead give-away.
But knowing they tricked you didn't help much as long as you couldn't understand what they actually had on their mind.
Then late one night you found something in a MedSci lab. Out of the guts of a splattered psi-monkey you picked a strange implant labeled "Deutscher Babelfisch 1.2".
This was obviously a creation of the GerMany. Possibly it could help to lift the thin disguise of their evil plans. The implant fit snugly into the clairaudience-slot behind your ear. And from then on you were able to hear the GerMany speak in their native tongue. And the machines they controlled as well.

Install this Implant now!
Understand them, then kill them!

---------
LINKS
---------

--------------
CHANGES
--------------

1. This version makes use of the accompanying gamesys file that had been optional previously. The Gamesys file is based of the one in HiTorque's MedSci changes, which in return was based of the one from Straylights ADAOB mod.
All this gamefile does beyond what those two mods did is enable some features built into the shotgun and pistol models from the get go: the shotgun now has a muzzleflash and the pistol now ejects casings.

2. This version uses the shiny new pistol skin by Arcaniac instead of the worn pistol skin by Cage. You can use Cage's skin by going to MOD\obj\txt16\ and renaming:
pistol11.pcx.ALT --> pistol11.pcx

3. The new protocol droid has been disabled in this version. To reenable it go to MOD\mesh\ and rename:
protonew.bin.ALT --> protonew.bin
protonew.cal.ALT --> protonew.cal
And go to MOD\mesh\txt16\ and rename:
c3po.gif.ALT --> c3po.gif

-------------
CREDITS:
-------------

- Shotgun skin and alternative Pistol skin: Cage
- Laser Pistol skin, red monkey skin: ZylonBane
- REBIRTH models based on: CyberBlutch
- Original Midwife skin based on: FiveFingerDiscount
- Conversion tools: ShadowSpawn
- Inspiration on German uniforms: Return to Castle Wolfenstein
- Original audio samples used from System Shock 2 (German version) by Looking Glass/EA

This mod is not in any way supported by Looking Glass Studios and or Electronic Arts Entertainment.
This mod is not meant to offend anyone but Nazis, dead or otherwise.
« Last Edit: 05. July 2014, 21:00:28 by Kolya »

663c9d8b266d1Chandlermaki

663c9d8b268c7
Haha I laughed out loud when I read the backgrond story, hilarious shit right there :D

Are those hybrids created from the ground up? Because it looks to me that they're taken from elsewhere and had a nazi-hat added to it. Those hybrids are not the non-scary looking one from reborn complemented. So I'd like to know :)
663c9d8b26a9b
They are based on the hybrids from rebirth (complemented or not). Arcaniac mentioned it in the credits.

663c9d8b26b4fChandlermaki

663c9d8b26bca
I was going to download this for the non- broken Assassin texture. But the link at LG- Classics doesn't work. And I'm never going to use torrent downloads.
663c9d8b26f3c
And I'm never going to use torrent downloads.
And I'll never find out why.

663c9d8b27230Chandlermaki

663c9d8b2728e

Yea... I just tend to avoid them.

663c9d8b276f5Nameless Voice

663c9d8b27755

That's kind of like complaining that you never get to read books because you tend to avoid bookshops and libraries.

663c9d8b27d30Chandlermaki

663c9d8b27d89

That's kind of like complaining that you never get to read books because you tend to avoid bookshops and libraries.
Touche

663c9d8b27e8czombie freako

663c9d8b27ede
Fascist Zombies take a futuristic turn for the worst. I salute you! :D
663c9d8b27fc3
Reuploaded, after the external link had gone dead dead dead.

663c9d8b282eeRocketMan

663c9d8b28343
Sorry for the bump but with the myriad of mods, new and old, I guess I should have made notes for myself.  Is this the source of the most up-to-date / least broken version of this style of cyborg assassin?  If so, aside from assblk and assred textures, wheren't there supposed to be some animated visor textures as well?

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the default melee weapon in System Shock 2:
1 Guest is here.
Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663c9d8b28488