664af802de6c0

664af802debdd
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 female player 2 Read 15678 times  

664af802df198Terralthra

664af802df1fc
Tags: °mesh °SS2

DOWNLOAD

I don't suppose anyone has made any player models/skins for a female Goggles? Playing through multi with my wife, and she'd much rather have a female avatar than male.
« Last Edit: 05. November 2014, 14:07:40 by voodoo47 »
664af802df55a
Unfortunately not yet.

If anyone wants to try/have a look at this: One of the living crew member models could probably be repurposed for a female Goggles model.

664af802df901RocketMan

664af802df958
Odd thing is, the person playing the game doesn't even see his/her own avatar.  It's primarily for the benefit of the other player and vice versa. 
664af802dfacd
I assume they are playing in the same room, so she can see herself on his screen.

Try one of these, Terralthra. Use them like any other mod. One is regular, the other is a rebirth model and texture. The mod you choose only needs to be installed on your own computer. It replaces the player model of player 2.

Feedback would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: 18. June 2013, 07:30:38 by Kolya »

664af802dfca6Terralthra

664af802dfd06
Hello, Kolya - Wow! Wasn't expecting such a fast response! Thanks =D

I've tried to use both of the ones you posted, with no visible result. e.g. I have a bunch of mods installed to DataPermMods (including Rebirth and HiRes Player Models). I saved each of the 7z files you posted, and unzipped the rebirth one into DataTempMods (which should load before DataPermMods, thus overriding, yes?) on my computer only. When I played through enough to be able to see the other player (Med/Sci preamble), it looked like the standard HiRes player model. Double-checked by looking on her screen, where my model looks roughly identical, save for a different color suit.

Saved, exited, and tried deleting the contents of DataTempMods and unzipping the non-rebirth one instead. Started back up, loaded, same result. Her model still looks like the HiRes Player Model.

Of note - on her screen, I am red (matching the texture for pl1Bod.gif), and on my screen, she is green (matching the pl2Bog.gif texture). I note that in the archive you posted, the texture is named EARTHFEM.GIF. Could that be messing it up somehow?

Not sure how, as the mesh should be different, even if the texture is incorrect, and the mesh still looks like the player model mesh.

Anyway, so far, no luck. Thoughts?
664af802dfe31
The texture name is correct, it is referenced in the model (BIN file) by that name. I could change that but it should be okay as is.
Sounds like the model isn't being loaded at all.
What happens if you rename the mesh folder inside DataPermMods temporarily?

EDIT: Also please post the last line from the file cam_mod.ini

664af802dff23Terralthra

664af802dff71
Last line of cam_mod.ini:

Code: [Select]
; patch_ext.crf contains some compatibility fixes/tweaks for the updated version
mod_path DMM\Vurt's SS2 WormPod v1.0a+DMM\Vurt's SS2 Water (old version)+DMM\Vurt's SS2 Goo (Impact Blood v1.0)+DMM\Vurt's SS2 Goo (Dripping Goo v1.0)+DMM\Vurt's SS2 Goo (Biomatter v1.0)+DMM\Vurt's SS2 Goo (Annelid Grub Pod [Vanilla version] v1.01)+DMM\Vurt's SS2 Flora Overhaul 1.0b+DMM\Vurt's SS2 Better Explosions v0.1+DMM\Vurt's Security Door+DMM\Vurt's Improved Turret &  Muzzle Flash v1.01+DMM\Vurt's Hi-Res Space v1.1+DMM\TC_Pistol_ADaoB028-compatible_v1.1b+DMM\Tacticool_Wrench_Replacement_v1.0+DMM\Tacticool_Shotgun_Replacement_v1.0+DMM\Tacticool_Laser_Pistol_Replacement_v1.1+DMM\Tacticool_Grenade_Launcher_Replacement_v1.0+DMM\Tacticool_Assault_Rifle_Replacement_v1.0+DMM\SS2_Schatten_shmup_1.1+DMM\SS2_rebirth_v02+DMM\hiresplayermodel+DMM\ADaOB-v030+DMM\AccFam_14+DMM\shtup_beta6+DataTempMods+DataPermMods+patch_ext

With the mesh folder in DataPermMods renamed, her model appears on my computer as classic low-poly Goggles, with player 2's green texture.
664af802e00e0
Okay, I see. The mods you have enabled via the mod manager override the mod I gave you.
Unpack SS2_fem_player2_rebirth.7z into a folder named "SS2_fem_player2_rebirth" and then move that into your DMM folder.
Activate the mod "SS2_fem_player2_rebirth" in Blue's mod manager and make sure it has higher priority than "hiresplayermodel".
In Blue's manager that means "SS2_fem_player2_rebirth" has to be at the bottom. //not anymore
« Last Edit: 10. October 2014, 23:21:09 by Kolya »

664af802e01c5Terralthra

664af802e0215
Before I do this...

I tried using both DMM and Blue's MM to load mods, but neither of them appeared to work (no mods on launching the game), so I fell back to using the file-manager (DataPermMods, DataTempMods), and launching shock2.exe manually. Since I'm not using DMM or Blue's MM, what should I do instead? Should I try commenting out the paths listed there first?

664af802e0324Terralthra

664af802e0377
Update: I've reverted the cam_mod.ini to show just:

; patch_ext.crf contains some compatibility fixes/tweaks for the updated version
mod_path patch_ext+DataTempMods+DataPermMods

Emptied DataTempMods, ran, got hires players models. Put the female model in DataTempMods, still hires models (male). Put the female rebirth model in DataTemptMods, still hires models (male). I tried using "summon_obj default avatar 1" through "summon_obj default avatar 4", and got the four color variations of the male skin. Tried copying the female (both rebirth and not) meshes and texture to DataPermMods, and STILL have nothing but the male hires player mods.

Very confused by this.

664af802e04bcTerralthra

664af802e050d
Ahahaha. Got it. Turns out, the file name has to be correct for the file to be loaded. It's not player2.bin and player2.cal, it's player_2.bin and player_2.cal. Shows up in game now. Awesome. Now, on-pain noises...=]
664af802e063c
Argh, sorry about that. Looks like I missed that underscore. :headshot:

EDIT: Fixed the downloads and split off this conversation from SS2 Hi-Resolution Player Models.
« Last Edit: 18. June 2013, 07:35:52 by Kolya »

664af802e0713Terralthra

664af802e076a
Hilariously enough, my wife's sole comment is "she looks too scared." :lol:

So, now that I get the renaming of models (but not textures), I'm looking through the female models from Christine's earth levels in Pointerbee station for one she finds more to her liking. Unless you have other suggestions for female models in the hi-res model collections?
664af802e0971
I suggest to edit the texture to her liking.
664af802e0a9e
How did you get your wife to play this game? I've tried to trick my girlfriend into joining me in some games, but despite all promises it just never happens. The only thing she will play without hesitation are those damned Civilizations games or the #$%& Sims. Sigh. :rolleyes:

664af802e0c4aTerralthra

664af802e0c9c
Oh, man, that made me burst out laughing, and I can't even explain the joke to her because it would spoil the horror of that section when we get to it...

664af802e1056unn_atropos

664af802e10ab
I have no artistic skill so I just stole some graphics from here and pasted it over hastily. Maybe a direction to go on?
« Last Edit: 18. June 2013, 22:03:25 by unn_atropos »

664af802e12a1Terralthra

664af802e12f4
Ok, so I've done some modification to the skin that unn_atropos posted, as the lips weren't quite in the right place on the mesh.
Image: http://terralthra.net/sshock2/cruf_ea.gif

And that looks "ok" in game. Not scared, lips in the right place. Wife still isn't "happy", per se, but she's ok with it. I guess the mouth being open makes her think she's a mouth-breather, and she'd rather I fix it so that the mouth doesn't look parted. I'm not really a great texturer, so I'm doing my best. =/

Also, new problem. Wrench levitation!
Image: http://terralthra.net/sshock2/dump000.png
Image: http://terralthra.net/sshock2/dump001.png

I'm guessing this is an issue with the TactiCool wrench mod? Is this a "known bug"? I can't find anything about it elsewhere
« Last Edit: 10. October 2014, 23:25:05 by Kolya »
664af802e167b
Tacticool does have a problem with it since he made the world model for the wrench smaller.
But the bug you have there looks different.
You could remove the files which are in the "obj" folder of the tacticool wrench (WRENCH_W.bin, txt16/HRSWrenchA.gif, txt16/HRSWrenchB.gif, txt16/HRSWrenchC.gif) and try it out afterwards.

664af802e1829Terralthra

664af802e188a
Looks as if Mercurius already fixed it, actually.

The updated Beta 1.1b TactiCool Wrench just isn't updated in the head post of the TactiCool weapons thread.

664af802e1969unn_atropos

664af802e19bd
Made a new inventory picture. Doesn't look to convincing yet, does it...Maybe to bright
« Last Edit: 05. July 2013, 15:53:57 by unn_atropos »

664af802e1b09Nameless Voice

664af802e1b6d
Female player models are boring.  The real fun is when you use the monkey models.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

System Shock 2 takes place on the star ship named ...:
1 Guest is here.
it's a nanite driven world. with monkeys, ninjas and zombies. ~v47
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664af802e1ca8