664acace04528

664acace049fa
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Space Lion Title Loop Sound Mod Read 4314 times  

664acace0513fvisionaryBlender

664acace051ca
Tags: °sound °SS2

I've made this rather quickly from an idea that came to my mind, and I hope you guys enjoy it.
It's nothing too large. It's a mod that merges the usual menu humming with "Space Lion" from the Cowboy Bebop.

Link here http://www.mediafire.com/download/s2qzlcsdn263w3a/SPACE_LION.rar because the normal upload takes a long.
Let me know if it works fine.
« Last Edit: 05. November 2014, 12:43:39 by voodoo47 »
664acace053ac
Nice man. It totally reminds me of a mod I once made for the space combat/trading/strategy game X3:Renewal. I used the opening tune to the Cowboy Bebop episode Heavy Metal Queen (when V.T. flies through shipping lanes and eventually docks) as am automated docking sound track.

The biggest haulers in that game weren't anywhere near as long, thin and manoeuvrable as the ones it that episode, but the music fitted beautifully well with those moments. There's no other game that I'm aware of that lets you be a space trucker.  :P

OT, but it seems a new X game is coming up in a bit. Looks to be quite something.
« Last Edit: 28. August 2013, 16:41:07 by Tricky »
664acace0568a
I like the idea and I love the song. Big Cowboy Bebop fan here, just bought the DVD set because the old TV rips I had just didn't cut it anymore.

Now this is a rather large mod that does a simple thing. It's doubled in size because you want to replace both mloop files with almost identical tracks.

I have encoded your first WAV file as MP3 and wrote a batch script that the player can use to decode this MP3 to mloop1.wav and mloop2.wav. This cuts the size of this mod from 91 MB to 9 MB.

About your upload problem (since you also reported your own post): If you're not very well known here your uploads are limited to 10MB and 7days. It says so in the upload form, but I'll try to make it more obvious. If you want to try your luck you'll have to upload the whole thing before the forum software can see how big it really is and reject it, if the file(s) is/are too large.

664acace05842ZylonBane

Acknowledged by: RocketMan

664acace059a7voodoo47

664acace05a06
wouldn't be the weirdest thing in this game.
664acace05b51
Space Lion is more world music/ethno pop than jazz imo. And it has a Blade Runner vibe going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKnVaDwUg5s
664acace05c6a
Didn't the recreation deck have some kind of lounge music looping somewhere? I have trouble remembering where. Where you see that piano maybe? You could put it there.

664acace05d78miracle.flame

664acace05dd3
Zombie time!

I have searched and found snd\amb\classic.wav that sounds like something Tricky is referring to but otherwise I can't recall any lounge music at rec deck. Can somebody confirm it is it? The idea is good.
664acace05ec7
There is a piano piece but i'm not sure if it is ever used in the game.

664acace062ffYankee Clipper

664acace0636b
Didn't the recreation deck have some kind of lounge music looping somewhere? I have trouble remembering where. Where you see that piano maybe? You could put it there.

When you first enter the Bonne Chance, the cyborgs are hiding in one of the restrooms (the door is locked). The ghosts appear and one of them starts playing the piano. When the music stops - Lookout! - here come the cyborgs. But, I don't think you hear the music again after that.
664acace06480
Right, well if they actually play that piano then Space Lion would not be appropriate.
664acace0673e
wouldn't be the weirdest thing in this game.

What would be the weirdest thing?

664acace0682cvoodoo47

664acace0688d
toilets scream when burned (fixed in SCP).

664acace06a6fSystem Shocked

664acace06ac6
toilets scream when burned (fixed in SCP).

Toilets scream when flushed !

664acace06cf8ZylonBane

664acace06d5c
Toilets scream when flushed !
Toilets in SS2 do not flush.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

The deck number where you shall meet Dr. Janice Polito:
1 Guest is here.
Hmmmmm? What do you think we're trying to say here?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664acace06ea2