664aebb599283

664aebb599897
1 Guest is here.

664aebb599c9eDoubleOPyro

664aebb599d0f
Tags: °sound °SS2

Remember the 90's? You or someone you knew probably had a N64. If you did, remember Golden Eye on the N64? For the nostalgic and for those who want to try out some sounds, here is a sound mod I've made a few months back that includes a lot of sound effects from that very game. Everything from the firing of your Pistol, to you receiving damage, even that alarm sequence from the original Golden Eye 007 is in this pack, all ripped from the game, edited, balanced a bit, for System Shock 2. I finally got off and got around to uploading it to share with everyone who are fond of both games.

Hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: 05. November 2014, 13:56:44 by voodoo47 »
664aebb59a00e
Not long ago someone else posted a sound mod for SS2. These tend to be quite large, because SS2 can only deal with WAV files. I wrote quick solution to distribute the files as MP3 and then decompress them locally. Maybe that's interesting to you.

664aebb59a0d3DoubleOPyro

664aebb59a12e
Thank you for your suggestion. I'll admit that I'm not to familiar with writing batch scripts like you did for the Spacecowboy song but I will look into it so it can be more easier to deal with.
664aebb59a24a
Since NewDark the engine also supports OGG files (modders_notes.txt). Compression may introduce audible clicks when looping files though. That might have to tested. Also the on-the-fly decompression of many small sounds might make the game a bit more CPU hungry.

Basically I would test how replacing the longer sounds with OGG files sounds.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

In which year was System Shock released:
1 Guest is here.
it's a nanite driven world. with monkeys, ninjas and zombies. ~v47
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664aebb59a35d