663d02c3ccb50

663d02c3ccfe2
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Cage's Pistol/Shotgun Texture Mod Read 45001 times  

663d02c3cd808RocketMan

663d02c3cd872
Tags: °weapon °SS2

These are Cage's weapon modifications from some time ago that were recently dug up. It is meant to re-skin the current pistol and shotgun hand and world models with new ones. There was also a grenade launcher that still hasn't been recovered. In the case of the pistol, the new texture resembles the original but has a battered/old look to it. For the shotgun, the new textures are simply higher res and look much cleaner. The mods are packaged for those who either want both upgrades, shotgun only and pistol only. Thanks Kolya and TF for finding these files.

(As discussed on TTLG)
« Last Edit: 05. July 2014, 21:49:06 by Kolya »

663d02c3cd9dcRocketMan

663d02c3cda2e
Awww sorry Kolya I was gonna get to that.  I'm too slow I guess.
663d02c3ce347
i'm suprised anybody remembers this :)
http://prison.duke.org.pl/ss2/grenadel.zip
here's the grenade launcher to make the thread complete
sorry for a small necropost ;)
663d02c3ce4ca
There's no such thing as necromancing here. And thanks to you.  :)
I added the grenade launcher to the first post.

663d02c3ce5c1Pacmikey

663d02c3ce612
Do people still like this? I could add some extra polygons to the hand and upscale its texture.
Acknowledged by: Chandlermaki

663d02c3cea3eChandlermaki

663d02c3ceaed
Do people still like this? I could add some extra polygons to the hand and upscale its texture.

Please do. Any options on the weapon model side are welcome as far as I'm concerned. Great work on WUP so far, too!

663d02c3ced65Pacmikey

663d02c3cedc0
Any options on the weapon model side are welcome as far as I'm concerned.
I know what you mean. When you think about it, viewmodels take up 15%~ of your eyeball space throughout the entire game, so they are extremely imporant
Acknowledged by: Chandlermaki

663d02c3cee70Pacmikey

« Last Edit: 21. August 2023, 22:30:57 by Pacmikey »
663d02c3cf228
PacmikeyBig fan personally. There's something about the design of the vanilla pistol that I really like. The Tacticool weapons, while they are fantastic, lack a certain... something. Overdesigned, maybe.

I think what it is, for myself at least, is that the Tacticool pistol is not symmetrically pleasing, whereas the vanilla pistol is essentially one big rectangle. I prefer that big, bulky, rectangular look as opposed to all the lines and bumps the Tacticool pistol has.

Same with the shotgun -- again, it looks great, been using it for many years. Sometimes I just want some variation. It's time to perhaps go back to vanilla-style, just with better models. The vanilla shotgun is nice and sleek, metallic.

A pack of vanilla weapons with very high-res models would get my (unsolicited) approval.

663d02c3cf4c2ZylonBane

663d02c3cf53b
I actually have a higher poly Vanilla pistol on my HDD, but it's very noticeable with lighting changes. Every 6-10 steps the shadows *snap* to a different map, very off putting. It's why I haven't released it yet
If this visual snapping happens with your pistol model, it would happen with the vanilla weapon models as well... which it doesn't. There's no reason why increasing the poly count would fundamentally change how objects are lit.

663d02c3cf784Pacmikey

663d02c3cf7da
ZylonBaneProbs a fuck up with the model or the export process

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and ____!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
You turn the page, you wash your hands.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663d02c3cf8fe