664acac4e6caf

664acac4e71cd
1 Guest is here.

Re: SS2 Simon Pennington HQ Droid - Edited by RocketMan/Grosnus
664acac4e792d
I have looked into it. Sadly, what would be needed to create a smooth blinking effect is only available for objects.

What you could do is delete dr_7 to dr_11 and create a dr_.mtl with
Code: [Select]
ani_mode PINGPONGThis makes the animation go from _ to _6, and then back to _ and so on.

664acac4e7c06RocketMan

664acac4e7d63
So basically I can save myself half a dozen textures?  Fuck it.

664acac4e7e44RocketMan

664acac4e7ea3
Simon Pennington emailed me last night to say he likes the in-game model (he mentioned the texture work Grosnus) and that he's going to keep working on Polito a while longer.
664acac4e8023
Wow, cool!  :thumb:
Definitely looking forward to meet Polito. Since forever.

664acac4e80b6RocketMan

664acac4e8162
He makes her look hotter than I first imagined :sly:

664acac4e835eSystem Shocked

664acac4e83c0
Sorry, but shoulders/arms of new protocol droid are far too wide. The arms need to be closer to the droid's body.

664acac4e84f5RocketMan

664acac4e854e
I can take another stab at it but bear in mind there are technical barriers to overcome.  Currently the arms are as low as I can make them without the limit planes affecting polygons they shouldn't.  This would cause a world of problems with the animation... but I'll see what I can do.  Actually the fact that I'm running into these problems tells me that the animations are set up deliberately to put those arms where they are.  Any other AI animation would place the arms in a more relaxed position with the same rigging.  For me to force the arms closer to the body, the "T-pose" would no longer be a T-pose but a lazy, droopy T-pose, which, while being technically challenging in its own right, also isn't what you're supposed to do when rigging an AI.  All AIs should adopt the T-pose and the animations should be what move the joints to where the devs wanted them to be.
664acac4e8630
I think the arms and shoulders are fine. I wouldn't invest too much work on that.
Acknowledged by: Olfred

664acac4e86c2OmegaDEATH

664acac4e870f
Yeah the model is looking great, i was just making a joke wasn't saying it was bad.

664acac4e87d3RocketMan

664acac4e8828
I fixed the blinking eye smoothness problem... sort of.  As mentioned, many of the material file tricks don't work on AI meshes but apparently you can still set the animation rate for animated textures so I just changed that from 250 ms to 100 ms to get it to animate at 10 FPS instead of 4 FPS.  This was fast enough to make it look like a smooth transition and hide some of that choppiness.  Downloads have been updated.

664acac4e8983voodoo47

664acac4e89d3
too bad you didn't mark down the number of downloads, now the count has been reset.

664acac4e8a7bRocketMan

664acac4e8ac7
I suppose that was a bit irresponsible of me.  I personally don't care but Simon and Grosnus might have wanted it.  I apologize.  I think they were 60-70 something on both but I don't know the exact number.
664acac4e8c15
Awesome work on this model.. it looks super cool!

But seing those screenshot of the guy trying to re-create the shodan scene from ss2 in CE3 makes me kindda sad.. It just makes me want a SS3 even more..

664acac4e8cb6RocketMan

664acac4e8d02
Don't feel too bad.  Pretty much anyone who tried (including Irrational at this point I'm afraid) would fuck it up.  Hold out for a fan mission.  That's where my chips are.

664acac4e8d97Quindorrian

664acac4e8deb
Excellent work on this.  Really love the droid.  So much better yet looks completely faithful to the original!

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, immortal ____? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
Hmmmmm? What do you think we're trying to say here?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664acac4e8f03