664af81eb1cec

664af81eb21fc
1 Guest is here.

Topic: the all spider mod Read 3163 times  

664af81eb2b6dvoodoo47

664af81eb2bda
I'll just leave this here for the time being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHivsE_AQ0U

so lets see;

a bluish spider monkey (done, just a shrunken model of the spiderdemon with a modified texture)
a reddish spider monkey (done, just a shrunken model of the spiderdemon with a modified texture)
a pipe spider hybrid (needs pipe added, chest flattened, maybe add some clothes to the texture)
a shotgun spider hybrid (needs shotgun added, chest flattened, maybe add some clothes to the texture)
a grenade spider hybrid (needs grenade in fist added, chest flattened, maybe add some clothes to the texture)
a cyborg spider midwife (requires a model edit to look good, best would be to slap the robotic legs from the regular midwife to the spiderdemon torso. current package has the spiderdemon model with a crude metallic texture slapped on the feet)
a spider rumbler (new model required, or heavy edits to the existing rumbler model)
a spider reaver (editing the existing arachnid model so it would use the reaver motion would be enough)

am I forgetting something?
« Last Edit: 12. December 2014, 22:01:03 by voodoo47 »

664af81eb2cc8Yankee Clipper

664af81eb2d1c
Cyber spider assassin
Spider Shodan
Protocol Spider

664af81eb2dffvoodoo47

664af81eb2e4b
don't think mechanical enemies would work. but maybe the flies could be changed into swarms of horrible little spiders with wings, because hell why not.

« Last Edit: 11. November 2014, 22:57:27 by voodoo47 »
664af81eb30b0
That was genuinely scary, thank you. :D
664af81eb31f3
It looks much like a bat. Can you give this thing wings and make it jump & glide towards you? 
Acknowledged by: OmegaDeath
664af81eb3442
It looks much like a bat. Can you give this thing wings and make it jump & glide towards you? 
Bat? Nope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SESI19h4wDo

664af81eb36f9unn_atropos

664af81eb3748
- goggles spider (for multiplayer)
- crewman/woman spider
- mainanance bot spider
- spider eggs
- worm spider
- xerxes spider (picture)
- spider Nikki
- many brain spider
- qbr spider sample

- laser pistol fires strings of web (when you have a continuous beam. like in adaob?)
- stasis generator puts a web over freezed enemies
- annelid weapon: And here's the thing... it's made of spiders... it even fires spiders... but it weaves like you wouldn't believe.
664af81eb3a08
Eeek. Why do monkeys always go after the female in bright clothes? You think it's genetic or a socially engineered gender trait?

664af81eb3c87voodoo47

664af81eb3cd2
yup - I was digging around the gamesys and I'm pretty sure I can dml rig everything up, as long as somebody makes the proper adjustments to the existing models, and create the new models.

-modify the already existing Thief spider demon model (change size to suit monkeys, change size and add weapons for hybrids, change size and add mechanical part for midwife, and modify the textures appropriately. also, the monkey and hybrid version will need a chest adjustment, as LGS actually already slapped boobs on the spider demon model, because why the hell not)
-create a new model for the reaver, or modify the already existing arachnid model to be able to use reaver motions (I'd be fine with just a horrible floating psi spider really)
-create a completely new model for rumbler. I guess a pinky, bulky crab like version of the spider demon would do. or maybe slap 4 extra spider legs and maybe a spider-butt on the rumbler model?

no plans for spiderifying other models for the moment - but if someone makes them, well, sure why not.
« Last Edit: 07. November 2014, 10:38:15 by voodoo47 »

664af81eb3f40RocketMan

664af81eb3f8f
If you manage to get someone to redo the psi reaver into a spider I'm gonna be pissed  :oldman:

664af81eb401dvoodoo47

664af81eb4068
the idea is to redo the spider into a reaver.

664af81eb43abvoodoo47

664af81eb43fc
alpha attached, monkeys and midwife, featuring some very crude texture work (especially the midwife, tried to slap the metallic legs onto the spider texture, and it did not go too well - this needs to be done properly in a model editor). also works only up to hydro (included), for now.
664af81eb4569
" Spider bee, Spider bee, does whatever a... sp-  Jesus fucking christ !! "
 - - -
[ 'omg'-snort/LOL ]  *grin*  Just noticed this one today - nicely done.

664af81eb462cvoodoo47

664af81eb467c
all the hybrids are doable without new models, but this would either require modified maps (something that should be avoided), or some evil dmls, and I mean seriously evil - I don't want to move things this way, so I don't think there will be more updates until someone picks up the modelling work.
« Last Edit: 12. December 2014, 22:02:34 by voodoo47 »
664af81eb4795
In Infinite, monkeys and spiders are from the same family: both are PSI targets. I could make the monkeys into these "stalkers" if you like the idea, from Deck 5 onward (there's relatively few).

664af81eb48b2voodoo47

664af81eb4900
you are free to grab the already posted resources and do whatever you want with them, if that's what you are asking.

I've got no immediate plans for this mod - to be able to finish it myself, I would have to learn to edit AI meshes, and that's not happening anytime soon. but, as mentioned, if someone does the edits, I can finish this up relatively quickly.
664af81eb4a25
There shouldn't be any problems, right? The blue model is the size of a monkey, I could hit it normally. They look like a monkey, at a distance, and that's an enemy you want to dispatch fast without keeping line of sight. Maybe "psionic reavers" is better.

Edit Psionic Reaver overlaps with PSI Reaver. I've got to decide between Psionic Mutant, Psionic Stalker, Psionic Meld...
« Last Edit: 04. January 2015, 22:12:16 by xdiesp »

664af81eb4ae7voodoo47

664af81eb4b34
no, the original unmodified spiderdemon model is larger than a monkey, but smaller than a hybrid. I've dml adjusted the sizes, not optimal, but it works.
664af81eb4c53
There are so few of them from Rec onward, that I could keep them oversized. But if I just change the "shape" of the monster, would the hitbox of the bigger model apply or still the smaller original one? It's not necessary for every spider leg to be hittable, but at least the head has to make contact. Otherwise I'll have to edit it.

664af81eb4d15voodoo47

664af81eb4d60
you need to use creature-creature scale if you want to change AI size, and yes, the physics stuff will be scaled accordingly.
664af81eb4e99
Due to a conflict, I have to use the pre-existing name of "psionic creature". Meh! Personally, I like to call them Kerrigan Monkeys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2v8xntvl3o

Scaled down to the size of a regular monkey, they don't feel out of place like a giant demon would.
1 Guest is here.
it's a nanite driven world. with monkeys, ninjas and zombies. ~v47
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664af81eb4fba