SS2 DeSpawn

1 Guest is here.
664b178de368f
VanZantQuote
Forgot to add the video companion to my post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCxR__N0_is

Where would vanilla SS2 stand in the quiet time meter?
664b178de3a04
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by VanZant:
This mod will help for the quiet time to enjoy the other half of the game. Explore, search for stuff, and breath calmly.
If you can breathe calmly while playing SS2, you're playing it wrong.

I mean, sure, if you're a wuss who can't handle full-strength SS2, I guess it's better than not playing it at all. But then don't go telling people you've played SS2, because you haven't. You've played a weaksauce, watered-down, decaf imitation. SS2 is supposed to wear you down. It is supposed to stress you out. You are supposed to be motivated to run, and hide, and cower in the dark, and learn the few areas that are completely safe. Quiet time in SS2 isn't handed to you, it's earned.
664b178de3afe
VanZantQuote
Alright, you convinced me to skip this mod. I just had the feeling the difficulty was meant for multiplayer mode.
664b178de3cf1
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by VanZant:
Alright, you convinced me to skip this mod. I just had the feeling the difficulty was meant for multiplayer mode.
Eh? Multiplayer mode in SS2 only exists because the publisher insisted on it, was tacked on in a post-release patch, and has never worked very well anyway. It is, at heart and by design, a single-player survival horror game.
664b178de3dbd
VanZantQuote
I see. I suppose I was misinformed. I'm playing right now. Freaking hard game. I was also tempted to run the no degradation mod hahaha. I ended up reading the whole thread of folks trying to come up with a reason for that mechanic.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact