SS2 Shard Hybrid

1 Guest is here.
664adc575b62c
RoSoDudeQuote

Quote by voodoo47:
prototype already exists (somewhere) on my hdd.

This reminds me -- I experimented with adding Laser Rapiers to the Cyborg Assassins for SS2 Scary Monsters and had it all working save for the actual rapier attachment. However, I ended up cutting it from the mod for several reasons:
  • It's not that faithful, and the goal of Scary Monsters was to retain each enemy's core identity while making them better at doing what they're supposed to
  • Changing "AI: AI Core: AI" from "ranged" to "rangedmelee" has the unfortunate side effect of making them rush the player constantly to get into melee range, which is a downgrade to their AI behavior in my opinion
  • Figuring out how to get the dang rapier attachment working on top of the above didn't seem worth it

I might try to finish this up as a DML addon (happily, no additions to motiondb.bin are necessary to support it). It's possible that I could fix the second issue with changes to other AI properties like desired attack range which which I wasn't familiar at the time. Using a script to flick between ranged and rangedmelee is a bad idea since that caused crashing when I tried to do it for other purposes.
664adc575b812
voodoo47Quote
I've abandoned it mostly because it's only doable on the vanilla model, and even there, I was not able to prevent the rapier from very obviously going through parts of the AI model sometimes (which, funnily enough, is consistent with the problems Korenchkin was mentioning).

maybe I'll revisit this once the SS2EE AI models are up for grabs.
664adc575b90f
tiphares4Quote
Haven't seen that this mod exist.. brilliant.
664adc575b9d2
voodoo47Quote
because it's not-yet-a-mod, hence, the Engineering subforum. anyway, it will be later this week.
664adc575bace
ZylonBaneQuote
The number of pokémodders who blindly harvest unfinished assets from the Engineering forum never fails to astound me.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact