🔒 GMDX: Deus Ex Mod.

3 Guests are here.
◀◀Page: 125/297▶▶
6647dc681c87b
Dj 127Quote

Quote by Marvin:
If you heard about SS2, you heard about its mods.

Not necessarily, I knew System Shock 2 for 5 years without knowing of this site, leave alone all the mods here. I got to know of it by a link to the SCP thread here made on TTLG.

But you're right, the System Shock community seems to have more of an active modding community, though sadly even they are limited in how many artists they have. Deus Ex's modding community mostly seems to have shrunk a lot and the people still active are very fragmented in their goals and relationships. For instance, there's quite a decent sized multiplayer community that still makes mods and maps and hosts matches, but few people know of it, partly because Deus Ex's multiplayer was never too popular.
Acknowledged by: Join usss!
6647dc681caf0
JDoranQuote
I've just voted for GMDX, and when it's released I will be posting about it on all of the relevant forums I visit, as it really does add or enhance a *lot* of things in Deus Ex.

Other mods I'm looking forward to include Half-Life 2: The Closure, Goldfinger 64 (a Goldeneye 64 mod), and the next beta release of Goldeneye X*, but sadly none of them are looking likely to be released this year.

* Goldeneye X is a project to bring Goldeneye to the Perfect Dark engine, and so add Perfect Dark's additional engine features to Goldeneye, such as weather, multiplayer bots, speech, and so on. The latest beta is brilliant but so far only covers the multiplayer, which is almost complete. The single player mode so far consists of only emply levels, which you can explore but do nothing else.
Acknowledged by: Join usss!
6647dc681cc65
Join2Quote
While we're giving exposure to other lesser known mods:

Project 2027 (Outstanding Deus Ex TC)
Secmod (Great SS2 Gameplay mod)
AMC TC (whacky fun Duke Nukem 3D TC)
6647dc681cd60
Join2Quote
Run into problems so part 7 has been delayed, but the good news is I've finally got an artist. First thing made is a helmet, so now we can shoot helmets off of heads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rir9R_t3JX4
Acknowledged by: Dj 127
6647dc681cf86
MarvinQuote
Neat.
◀◀Page: 125/297▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact