🔒 steam release issues

4 Guests are here.
Page: 1/4▶▶
663c2be7c6549
banamanQuote
hi, I've ran into a bit of a problem with your installer... you see, SS2 has been released on steam, but without the ability to play multiplayer (even though I could have SWORN it was a promised feature update for there version)

so I was trying to add it this way...
one problem.
your installer FORCES you to not be able to install into program files folder whatsoever.
steam FORCES you to install SS2 into it's own folder designed for it... which is, you guessed it, inside the program files folder.
end result: can't install without manually moving folders around... which, I'm sure I don't normally have to mention but will anyways... doesn't work at all.

while I appreciate you guys trying to make the installer 'idiotproof' by forcing them to find a folder not in program files... you have throughly screwed me over by not making it a warning, like most people do, and instead forcing it on them.
663c2be7c668c
banamanQuote
for those of you that are running into this same problem, there is a quick fix for it however...

once you locate the folder it has been installed to (open the system shock 2 properties and select 'browse local files' if you don't know where) move the ENTIRE contents of the folder to another location (like c:\games)  then mod the game in the new location... once done, move the ENTIRE contents of the folder back... this appears to have worked for me.

my mistake earlier, was I moved just the .exe file by itself... idk why I thought that would work.  lol.
663c2be7c6b21
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by banaman:
idk why I thought that would work.  lol.
Image: http://www.rustywalrus.com/images/lg/5j.jpg

Also, this is why most people should move the Steam games folder somewhere else. Program Files is far too locked down anymore for it to work with older games.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Kolya, Enchantermon
663c2be7c6e8a
OlfredQuote
With steam you can als select where you want to have the game installed.
This was patched in some while ago.
663c2be7c6ff7
voodoo47Quote
can't say for sure as I'm not using steam, but judging from the posts at TTLG and steam forums, steam will perform a file restore if you patch/modify the files, breaking the entire game in the process. so using steam to copy the game into an unprotected location is not enough, you have to make sure steam will keep its paws away from the game files completely - as long as they are part of the steam system, there is potential for malfunctions.
Page: 1/4▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact