🔒 steam release issues

1 Guest is here.
664a7d7a6b3a3
OlfredQuote
well you can tell steam to not patch the game. I guess that would prevent it from doing anything with the files.

I applied some fan patches on the Deus Ex I own on steam and never had any trouble with steam replacing any files.
664a7d7a6b509
voodoo47Quote
ok, but still, if you have a release which works (GOG) vs a release that works only when you set it up properly (steam), the choice should be pretty clear.

but no sense in arguing, when someone likes his top notch steak with tesco ketchup, then he just does.
664a7d7a6b8d7
EnchantermonQuote

Quote by ZylonBane:
Also, this is why most people should move the Steam games folder somewhere else. Program Files is far too locked down anymore for it to work with older games.
This. I have a separate folder into which I install anything that I anticipate having to alter the files of, just to avoid any conflicts like this.
664a7d7a6b9a3
TarvisQuote
Steam will only verify the files if it updates or you tell it do do it manually.

Anyway, according to the store page the game is patched to 2.4 (NewDark!) which means it has a leg up on the GOG release already!
664a7d7a6ba4d
voodoo47Quote
the GOG version also uses 2.4, so if you think that steam has an advantage, then no, it does not (unless it uses NewDark 2.42).

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact