663559aca7a13

663559aca7e0b
2 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 Scary Monsters AI Enhancement
Page: « 1 [2] 3 »
Read 16777 times  

663559aca8541voodoo47

663559aca85b1
duct taping an AI damage dealing object to both ends of the tram worked pretty ok, though I didn't quite manage to place them in a way that would prevent AIs from killing themselves just by getting too close to the tram when the player sits inside of the tram at the station.

663559aca86d9ZylonBane

663559aca8731
Now that I think about it, making a trigger that slays any AI that touches it would probably be pretty easy.

663559aca8895Sir_Figs

663559aca88e3
Ha, too casual so I don't know what's vanilla and otherwise and don't know how things are programmed in. Ran into it again - but after with the knowledge, I used it to trap a Secmod-sonic-speed spider in the tracks to help prevent respawns and save ammo... though several trips later there were more respawns again, seems like the spider died/disappeared or moved far away. At least cyborgs seem to stay in their rightful place at the bridge end.

On the mod itself, it was great - in particular, got bonked several times by grenade hybrids and had to move away from melee-ing spiders with their new nightmare leap. Was more apt to shoot things in general instead of trying to melee.
Acknowledged by: RoSoDude
663559aca8bd0
Now that I think about it, making a trigger that slays any AI that touches it would probably be pretty easy.

I bet you were twiddling your moustache as you typed that - you sound like a pantomime villain!

663559aca8d17voodoo47

663559aca8d6f
attaching a better/permanent fix for the Pistol Hybrid mod compatibility - it moves the rsd script from the OG-Pipe archetype (as the script slots are already fully populated when the Pistol Hybrid mod is active) to a dedicated dml created metaprop, which is then assigned to the OG-Pipe archetype, allowing all the scripts to be active at the same time. editor checked, all seems to be working well, but thorough ingame testing is recommended. replace the original Scary AI gamesys to activate. //download removed, the fix is now part of the mod.

I'm thinking if assigning just one script to an archetype, always use a dml created metaprop to not overwrite the script slots on the archetype as far as future modding goes.

@RoSoDude feel free to include the gamesys in the archive and/or modify further.
« Last Edit: 30. July 2023, 20:21:41 by voodoo47 »

663559aca8fa7RoSoDude

663559aca9001
Yeah I already did that in a development version of Scary Monsters that I'm just sitting on, but thanks for the reminder and fix for anyone else in the meantime.

One limitation to the metaproperty script assignment approach, by the way, is that it doesn't work if the archetype is set to not inherit parent scripts (not a problem for any monsters).

663559aca90b9voodoo47

663559aca9107
yes, but this is not a problem in this scenario, as you only need to slap one script onto the archetype and nothings else, script priority or inheritance is of no importance here.

663559aca9210Deu sex

663559aca9260
Oh this is cool! I'm going to be patient and wait for the thing and not try to tweak things myself though haha
663559aca934a
Great mod. Now if only it could come to secmod...that'd be a dream!

663559aca93efvoodoo47

663559aca9447
hmm.. the scripting is done in squirrel, so making it work shouldn't be a big deal - you just need to make sure you are not stepping on the Secmod scripts already assigned to the archetypes.

663559aca9533RoSoDude

663559aca9586
Yeah I actually helped someone set up the monster chase fix script on their install of Secmod when I was developing the first version of Scary Monsters, so I can confirm that it works with a little adjustment.

For most of the mod, though, you'd have to manually merge the motion schemas, but I don't think Secmod's are open source like mine. Secmod has its own additions and overhauls to the motion database as well (to accomplish its many AI overhauls).

663559aca97becode371

663559aca980f
Thank you for this mod. It was also implemented in AlyaMod 2 and 3, (even better in my personal opinion and taste), but there was no standalone mod, i disliked many other things in AlyaMod especcially randomizer so i called authtor to make a standalone version but with no luck.. the development was closed forever.

Here is my video comparison of AI behavior - vanilla vs AlyaMod, from 2017:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bBljkCAfwM

As you can see, the hybrids even more powerfull and challengeing, i remember how i played with this mod.. was so scary, it made me check every sigle corner and the fight with one or two hybrids was a real WAR, i liked that a lot.

So... thank you again with the mod, it great! I'll give it a try, but also.. i just want to ask you, can you made even "more scary version" to be simillar with AlyaMod implimentation like on my video? Will be great for true hardplay!

Btw: it seems like your mod doesnt work with SecMod
« Last Edit: 22. July 2022, 20:45:56 by code371 »

663559acaa16asarge945

663559acaa1d0
Here is my video comparison of AI behavior - vanilla vs AlyaMod, from 2017:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bBljkCAfwM

Somehow hearing the Hybrids taunt in a language I don't understand makes it extra creepy...

So... thank you again with the mod, it great! I'll give it a try, but also.. i just want to ask you, can you made even "more scary version" to be simillar with AlyaMod implimentation like on my video? Will be great for true hardplay!

What specific AlyaMod behaviour do you think would improve the mod? Also keep in mind, as this is a DML-based mod (not gamesys), the amount of things that can be done are limited.

Btw: it seems like your mod doesnt work with SecMod

Hmm, maybe @RoSoDude should look into that. I don't think he's much of a fan of Secmod, though

663559acaa3ebRoSoDude

663559acaa43d
@sarge945  I never got around to trying Secmod, so no opinion on it overall. Had features worth cribbing and I appreciate the effort that went into it. Aso, for the record, Scary Monsters is barely a DML mods, 90% of it is MotionDB changes.

@code371 I recall reading your mamy posts about the backpedal exploit from way back in 2016 when I was searching for ways to solve it myself! The backpedal exploit is due to an oversight in the engine AI code where enemies calculate the player will be out of range of an attack due to the player's current velocity. My understanding is that Alyamod simply bandaided the problem by massively increasing hybrid movement/anim speed such that they would overtake the player on the sides and attack more frequently. I fixed it in Scary Monsters by scripting the AI desired melee range to temporarily increase by up to 10x while the player is actually in range so that they attack rather than running at the player forever. This part of Scary Monsters can be manually applied to Secmod if one desires, requiring only a little bit of DML legwork. The rest of the mod is incompatible because Secmod comes with its own MotionDB package with other enemy moveset/behavior changes.

If you want to tweak enemies to be faster/more aggressive, you can compile your own edited MotionDB package using the motion schemas files I provide in the mod archive as a starting point, adjusting individual attack/movement animations to be faster. If you're not looking to delve into how that all works, you can also slap a global modifier to animation speeds that would make hybrids or other enemies do everything faster. Look for the Creature/Time Warp property.

663559acaa77dcode371

663559acaa7d3
RoSoDude Have no idea wehre to start, rn found myself too old for that kind of stuff  :tearsofjoy: Any help? How to compile?

663559acaad85RoSoDude

663559acaaddf
voodoo47
It is for the current version. It will be fixed in the next version, I'll try to clean it up and release soon.
Acknowledged by 2 members: voodoo47, Deu sex

663559acab06dRoSoDude

663559acab0ca
Update v1.03 is finally here. There are some improvements to the Cyborg Assassin, Cyborg Midwife, and Rumbler AI behaviors, but the main addition is support for a new Assassin Rapier module that, as the name suggests, equips Cyborg Assassins with a Laser Rapier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ0I4HKP0HU

Everything that's new:
-Fixed Big Droids, Shotgun Hybrids, Grenade Hybrids, Midwives, and Cyborg Assassins firing through objects (e.g. Cargo Bay crates, Metacreative Barrier)
-Fixed Turrets failing to hit the player at point blank range
-Laser Turret projectiles are 25% slower
-Rick Turret projectiles are 33% slower
-Monkey backstep goes 100% further
-Fixed Midwife melee swipes being unable to hit crouching players
-Midwife melee swipes are 25->33% faster
-Midwife slap attack is slightly less likely than other attacks
-Midwife pain stagger is 11->25% faster
-Midwife backstep is 25->43% faster and goes 20% further
-Midwife sidestep is 11% faster and goes 20% further
-Midwife combat walk is 25% faster
-Cyborg Assassin pain stagger is 43->82% faster
-Cyborg Assassin backstep is 16->25% faster and goes 60% further
-Baby Spider leap now counts as an attack on the descent
-Baby Spider leap attack is more likely to occur
-Baby Spider melee swipes are 33% faster
-Baby Spider run is 100% faster
-Rumbler combo attacks are slightly less likely
-Rumbler melee swipes are 11% faster
-Rumbler backstep/frontstep are 54% faster and go 100% further
-Rumbler has a chance to sidestep or frontstep instead of backstepping
-Rumbler pain stagger is 54% faster
-Rumbler has a chance of dodging in any direction instead of staggering on hit
-Rumbler search actions are 11% faster
-Added support for Assassin Rapier module
Acknowledged by 2 members: Join2, tiphares4

663559acab5c2tiphares4

663559acab617
RoSoDude
Wowwww, cool   :)   System Shock 2 is becoming more & more complete - which was already a piece of art before; you guys are wizards...

Ever going back to 'vanilla' experience is absolutely unthinkable now for me.
« Last Edit: 09. April 2023, 18:18:45 by tiphares4 »

663559acab6d6sarge945

663559acab724
Now we just need an optional module to replace all the Rumbler animations with that adorable hop from the command2 cutscene
Acknowledged by: Deu sex

663559acab861voodoo47

663559acab8bc
almost forgot - @RoSoDude time to kill the Pistol Hybrid compatibility dml, right?

also, any reason why the old versions are still attached to the first post? usually you'd want to get rid of the old stuff so people would not download it by mistake.

also, the assassin rapier addition probably makes the mod not quite compatible with Rebirth, but oh well.

663559acab99cRoSoDude

663559acab9e8
Yeah, scripts are now attached via metaprops so should be compatible with Pistol Hybrid.

As for the old versions, if you want to move the download count for previous versions to 1.03 and delete them, that's fine by me.

Assassin Rapier is not really compatible with Rebirth, as stated in the mod post. You can use them together, but you'll get the Rebirth skin weirdly fitted over the original assassin mesh.
« Last Edit: 30. July 2023, 21:39:12 by RoSoDude »

663559acaba89voodoo47

663559acabad4
indeed it is. anyway, removed the old versions and moved their download counts to the latest zip.

663559acabb75AT-anonymous_access

663559acabbc8
hey there, love everything but just to report that cyborg assassins are still definitely shooting through the metacreative barrier, driving me nuts ;)

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, _____ machine? (Fill in the missing word):
2 Guests are here.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663559acabcdf