SS2 Scary Monsters AI Enhancement

1 Guest is here.
66480ae95f686
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by sarge945:
Simply making them more scary doesn't really make them more threatening or interesting to fight against.
Spotted the android.
66480ae95fbd6
MarvinQuote

Quote by RoSoDude:
Interesting read. My primary goal was to fix melee cheese and make enemies more threatening within their archetypsl designs, but I'm open to ideas to amp up horror via aesthetic presentation. Some kind of visual distortion could add another layer of mechanical engagement as well. I'll think about if this is something I want to include for future versions.
It's tough to pull off imo. Even games like Amnesia The Dark Descent or Eternal Darkness which pull this feat off rather admirably tend to get annoying in the later stages of the game. Reavers ARE very rare though, so if the effects are unique enough, maybe it could work.
66480ae95fec0
RoSoDudeQuote
We're talking both about Psi Reavers being unthreatening and also enemies not leading shots -- it would make a lot of sense to me if Psi Reavers were the one enemy (or one of few enemies) that led their projectile shots. After all, they're supposed to be advanced intelligences, and it also suits their gameplay design. They're all encountered in locations where you want to be on the move, and making it require better timing to dodge their projectiles would definitely amp up the threat (meanwhile, making a Monkey or Assault Droid lead shots could make them easier to dodge, as you could bait it out in a direction and then swap movement keys, which is easy to do against such slow projectiles).
Acknowledged by: JML
66480ae95ffab
ZylonBaneQuote
Psi Reavers are already plenty lethal in terms of raw combat ability. Their shots are fast and do a ton of damage.

Something like Midwife shots, OTOH, could really benefit from leading, since they're so slow they basically never hit you unless you're standing still.
Acknowledged by: RoSoDude
66480ae9600a7
Join2Quote
Nice work from my boi RoSo.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact