🔒 Tool for converting Ultima Underworld and Shock 1 Levels into Unity.

1 Guest is here.
66472f91c1bde
icemannQuote
I'd also highly recommend documenting all your game engine discoveries. That stuff can be of tremendous help to future projects.

All the stuff TSSHP documented helped many later on projects.
66472f91c276d
Al_BQuote

Quote by hank morgan:
Most triggers and a vast majority of the traps are implemented. I have a fairly full list of the "hack_traps" compiled and working.
That's really great - my assumption was that they were always there for implementing built-in effects so the fact you've traced what they're doing is fantastic.

Quote by hank morgan:
One thing I'm running into a lot is things that happen in the game but are never really noticed by the player. For instance if you are familiar with the tomb of praetor Loth you'll know that on the last level there is a switch that spawns a mist cloud. Passing through the mist gives a cryptic message about a tingling feeling and as far as the player is concerned that is that. Well what happens and is not mentioned anywhere in walk-throughs is that if you are carrying a healing potion then that gets turned into a poison potion.
I remember playing UW2 again recently and wondering what the message meant - now I know!  I don't tend to carry healing potions but that's something I'll definitely test on my next playthrough.

As icemann says - if you can make sure the stuff you're learning is documented within the project files (or elsewhere) then that'd be extremely useful for future reference as well as for your "tool" (I think it's gone a bit further than that by now...) :)
66472f91c2a8b
hank morganQuote

Quote by JosiahJack:
Do you mind sharing your palette cycling shader?   :)  :thumb:

Sounds fun.  In the end will we still need the original game files put in our StreamingAssets folder to play?

No problem. It's up on the github. Shader
To cycle the colours create a texture2D array of the various palette cycles and periodically update the shader parameter for the palette as follows
Shader.SetGlobalTexture("_ColorPaletteIn", paletteArray[paletteIndex]);

Note I have an issue with it in the editor that causes it to not render there. So when you are working on it in development you can change the word ForwardAdd to ForwardBase and it will display in fullbright in the editor window.

In terms of loading assets all you need to do is point the path in the config.ini to the location of the game executable folder.

66472f91c2bd0
JosiahJackQuote
Thanks!
66472f91c2d0d
GawainQuote
You can also use my shader as is or change it as needed.
It should work nicely with shadows. It currently uses separate emissive texture. I would like it to filter the lower palette indexes in shader and use color as emissive when appropriate. Now I build the emission texture when parsing the bitmap.
Acknowledged by: JosiahJack

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact