66458924062ce

664589240677a
1 Guest is here.

6645892406ed5
I am a big fan of the first Bioshock game, and it's sequel, Bioshock 2 (B2 is one of my favourite ever games, and by far my favourite Bioshock game), but I've only ever played them with my choosing all of the good (good as opposed to evil) morality options , so I am wondering what changes I would find if I played them while choosing the evil options?

In the first game, I always save all of the littler sisters, and I know that your good/evil choices obviously change the ending cutscene (I've watched all three different cutscenes on Youtube), and no doubt effect whether or not Tenenbaum sends the littler sisters' teddy bear rewards. I'd also imagine that Tenenbaum's spoken messages to you will change, according to how you treat the little sisters. And I know that you get more Adam if you kill the little sisters, though this is negated to a large degree by the teddy bear gifts.

And in Bioshock 2, I always save the little Sisters, and don't kill Grace, Stanley, Alex the Great, or any of the neutral prisoners in Inner Persephone. And I know that, depending on your actions, the ending cutscene changes, showing how Eleanor's attitude to morality changes (I've watched all six end cutscenes on Youtub), and I have heard that her attitude and treatment of the little sisters changes, as she kills or saves them, as you did.

And the three statues showing your (Subject Delta's) treatment of Grace, Stanley, and Alex the Great presumably would change too?

And when you save Grace, she sends some flying turrets (bots) to help you, and sends you some supplies in Siren Alley. Obviously, these two events wouldn't happen if you had killed her, but are there more consequences for killing her, such as someone coming after you for revenge?

And when you play as a good character, then the little sisters feel safe with you (at least once you've killed their Big Daddy), do they show fear of you if you've killed other little sisters?

Does the attitude of Sinclair or anyone else change towards you, if you play as an evil character? Do different in-game events occur, depending on your actions? Of course you won't get the teddy bear rewards from the little sisters, but do you get any sort of rewards (other than the extra Adam) if you harvest the little sisters? Do extra Big Sisters come after you if you kill the little sisters?

6645892407072Chandlermaki

66458924070d8
As far as I remember the only major change in the first Bioshock is the ending FMV, and missing out on the gifts from the little sisters (while also getting more Adam from harvesting them), as you've already mentioned. I don't believe there are any differences in how the game plays out. I never played 2 as I didn't care for the first all that much, so I can't comment on that.
« Last Edit: 12. November 2023, 18:20:54 by Chandlermaki »
66458924071d6
Yes, you're probably right about Bioshock. I suspect Bioshock 2 has more changes , though perhaps not game-play altering changes.

6645892407823Xkilljoy98

• Company: N/A
JDoran
In Bioshock 1, there are 3 endings. 2 Bad that are mostly the same just Tenenbaum's Tone of Voice is either sad or mad, as well as a good ending. Basically if you save all or a majority of little sisters you get the good ending, if you harvest most or all you get one of the bad endings.

In Bioshock 2 you get the good ending if you save them all, bad if you harvest them all, and the choice ending if you harvest and save at least one. This gives you either the sad/neutral ending or the bad ending. You also have the 3 people you can save or spare which also affects the ending combined with the little sisters

Bioshock Infinite has some small choices but they do not affect the ending.
« Last Edit: 26. November 2023, 19:03:38 by Xkilljoy98 »
6645892407a55
Xkilljoy98, thanks for that. But what about the less obvious changes? Such as how the statues of you interacting with Grace, Stanley, and Alex the Great? And are there other changes that can result from your actions, even if it's just different messages from Lamb, or Sinclair, etc? I would imagines that some of Lamb's or Sinclair's audio messages change according to good or evil actions on your part.

For example, if you save Grace, then Lamb tells you that she doesn't believe you are good (as opposed to evil), and that you can't fool her (Lamb). So if you do kill Grace, then I would assume of course that Lamb would call you evil, and presumably try to justify her treatment of you by pointing out how evil you are.

It seems a little strange that with all of the Bioshock related information and discussion on the 'net, I am unable to find a detailed list of what changes depending on how you play the game, I would have thought that fans would have loved discussing this sort of thing.
« Last Edit: 21. November 2023, 18:18:32 by JDoran »

6645892407da0Xkilljoy98

6645892407e09
JDoranThe statues simply reflect what choices you make, what you choose also affects certain messages and how Eleanor acts.

Also if you save all the little sisters and spare at least one person then lamb lives

If you save all the little sisters and kill all three people then lamb dies

If you harvest at least one of the little sisters and kill at least one person then lamb dies

If you harvest at least one of the little sisters and spare all three people then lamb lives
Xkilljoy98, I know all of that, thanks.

But I am asking what else, other than the end videos and the statues, change according to your in-game choices.

As I mentioned in the first post,  when you save Grace, she sends some flying turrets (bots) to help you, and later sends you some supplies in Siren Alley. Obviously, these two events wouldn't happen if you had killed her, but are there more consequences for killing her, such as someone coming after you for revenge, who wouldn't otherwise come after you if you'd let Grace live?

Do your actions towards Stanley or Alex the Great, for example, also have subsequent consequences as with Grace? If you kill the neutral prisoners in the Persephone prison, is any event or change triggered? If you try to kill Eleanor, when she is dressed as a Big Sister, and is accompanying you through the final levels, does she fight back, or just disappear, or maybe the ignores your attacks and is immune to friendly fire, and doesn't respond to your attacking her.

If you don't kill the Brute Splicers in Siren Alley, then when Lamb floods the area and you are making your way back to the sea bed whilst Siren Alley is filling with water, do you see the Brute Splicers drowning/dead?

If you ignore the Little Sisters, and don't kill or harvest them, instead you just leave them with their Big Daddies (for as many Little sisters as you can), then does that go towards making the end video either more, or less, moral?

Basically, I am just wondering exactly what changes if you make all of the evil choices. The game's developer's added the Kill-or-Save-Grace changes, and the statues that reflect your actions towards Grace, Stanley, and Alex the Great, which makes it seem possible that there are more changes, even if very subtle, based on your in-game decisions.

6645892408460Xkilljoy98

66458924084da
JDoranOh sorry, I must have misunderstood
In 2 the only things that affect choices are little sisters, who you kill

Mainly it is just the ending and a few bits of dialogue and how characters act.

Eleanor can't be hurt and what you do with one person doesn't affect how another acts

As for little sisters, the game makes you deal with a minimum of 4

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the main villain of the System Shock series:
1 Guest is here.
You'd think this sounds dire, but one of their sysadmin guys shrugged it off like it was nothing.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP