664519e8ad0e0

664519e8ad691
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 end cutscene weirdness Read 461 times  

664519e8adcd6ZylonBane

664519e8add54
I've been looking at YouTube videos of the final SS2 cutscene, and noticed a couple of weirdnesses...

First, it appears that sometimes the credits follows the end cutscene, but usually it does not. It's been so long since I've played SS2 on the vanilla EXE that I can't remember which is the default behavior. Maybe these people are just editing the credits in at the end and it doesn't actually play automatically?

Second, some of the end cutscenes (1, 2, 3, 4) have a godawful reverb at the end that's NOT present in the original video. Is there some mod pack that adds this? A suspiciously specific bug in the media player?

664519e8ade96voodoo47

664519e8adefa
99% sure credits were always an extra, clickable in the main menu.  will check the linked videos, I should be able to tell whether a modpack is in use.

664519e8ae166sarge945

664519e8ae1be
I swear we have stumbled on the Berenstein Universe version of SS2

664519e8ae342icemann

664519e8ae399
I recall making a thread about this very topic on TTLG long ago, as I remembered it being that the "nah" video played, then credits, just like most other games. But on a replay play through what I got instead was just the nah video, then back to the main menu. And that was in vanilla SS2 not NewDark.

I recall the response to my question was that of the end video playing then straight to main menu was what is supposed to happen. To this day though I swear my first play through had the end video play then credits. Makes far more sense for it to be that way.

This all could be a mandela affect where we all remember it differently than how it actually goes down.

664519e8ae438ZylonBane

664519e8ae488
With a bit of scripting it might actually be possible to make SCP play the end cutscene and then the credits.

664519e8ae535voodoo47

664519e8ae589
the odd dev ability to wave some code around and make a false memory into reality. I did that with the eng2 miniBotM spider walk sequence.

664519e8ae85fsarge945

664519e8ae8c9
With a bit of scripting it might actually be possible to make SCP play the end cutscene and then the credits.

Why not sow confusion by making it only do this 5% of the time, so random people are SURE it happened to them and everyone else thinks they are insane.

664519e8aec79
I remember the credits playing immediately after the outro but I can't say when this changed, or if this is even the case on subsequent playthroughs. You'd have to test it with OldDark on a legacy machine to be sure.

In any case, no matter the default behaviour, if it possible to change it, then obviously the credits should play after the outro as is the case with basically every video game since the dawn of time.
664519e8af12c
Why not sow confusion by making it only do this 5% of the time, so random people are SURE it happened to them and everyone else thinks they are insane.

I've posted this before, but anyway, the brilliant Monty Python released a record that sounded different when you played it sometimes!

Quote: "[This record] is particularly notable in that it was mastered with two concentric grooves on side two, so that different material would be played depending on where the stylus was put down on the record's surface. For this reason it is sometimes referred to as a "three-sided" record

The album did not have a track listing, so that this feature would come as a complete surprise to listeners, who might on a second listening hear material they had never heard before, creating genuine confusion.

Since the record had two concentric grooves, they were spaced considerably apart, halving the length of the playing time. Subsequent editions of the vinyl incorporated both grooves sequentially as separate tracks, eliminating the double groove." Unquote.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monty_Python_Matching_Tie_and_Handkerchief
Acknowledged by: JML

664519e8af1f2sarge945

664519e8af24b
I have heard of this. Apparently my dad (who LOVED monty python records) didn't realise until years later, when he was showing someone else, he put it on, and suddenly there was a bunch of new content.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

____ at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
It was a shoddy operation in terms of communication.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664519e8af39e