664567e56e288

664567e56e9bf
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Judas - Ken Levine's new game Read 436 times  

664567e56f270
Apparently there's no dedicated and unlocked thread for the "spiritual successor to the spiritual successor of System Shock" anymore. I think we should have one, now that the game is seeminlgy shaping up and there's a slew of new interviews and footage.

Judas Interview: How Ken Levine Is Building on BioShock With 'Narrative LEGOs'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIqmnoo8Ui4

Here's how Judas is trying to be more than just 'Bioshock in space' (Hands-on Overview)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtyUZA5CPgY

The man is still showing passion and what he says about his ideas sounds pretty good. What will actually be released, remains to be seen but I am way more hopeful now, that they are improving on Bioshock.
« Last Edit: 31. March 2024, 16:27:16 by fox »

664567e56f497Aristarhys

664567e56f4f8
I fear not the man who has did 3 bioshocks, but I fear the man whom doing another one for like ten years now.

There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city - i think it's like foreshadowing of Ken Levine career roadmap on meta level - to grab same formula but brew it a bit differently each time.

To be honest the whole "choose a side" was executed not in great way in bioshock(s) (see Comstock vs Elisabeth vs Vox Populi) and in the end i think it will probably slide again into rails of "forge your own destiny" for for the sake of plot making choices useless (or some "could you kindly" plot twists rendering them minor at best).

If the whole "they all robots" premise in Judas spoiled in overview i have hard time personally to expect anything ground breaking there.
664567e56f5f6
I just want a good, ImSim-leaning game, doesn't need to be ground breaking. I too have learned to keep my expectations for upcoming titles low though. Nothing wrong with that.

664567e56f6f4ZylonBane

664567e56f74b
Looks like Five Nights at Freddy's in space.

I can't believe they seriously slapped a DreamWorks Face on that robot girl.
664567e56f888
Looks like shit. Just be happy with the classics. The last worthy Immersive Sim was 22 years ago (Arx Fatalis). It's done for.
664567e56f96f
Yeah, yeah... Just admit that you're brimming with glee over the juicy new target for your glorious leet-gamer hatred, emerging on the horizon.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Chandlermaki, icemann

664567e56fa79icemann

664567e56fac6
Looks like a Prey - Mooncrash clone to me, considering its a roguelike that resets whenever you die. Would have prefered something more original.

Would I play it? Sure. If its anything like Bioshock then count me in. Recently played through the series and had heaps of fun there.
664567e56fbb9
Leet gamer yes. Gleeful takedown no. I am quality-oriented above all. I most likely wont waste my time and money playing this. Trust another Levine game? I should have learnt my lesson multiple titles ago, but better late than never.
664567e56fcc2
Not expecting it to turn out as promised is absolutely fair, not least due to previous experiences with Ken Levine. Still, I don't want to close myself up entirely to the possibility that this could become an enjoyable game. From my point of view, damning this game at this point already, is just as unreasonable as hyping it. 

664567e56ffbeunn_atropos

664567e570019
Something unrelated: in the first video they have a Vetrex in the background constantly showing the games title. I'M not 100% certain, but this may lead to screen burn. Not a nice move to treat a Vectrex like a mere decoration piece  :/ :(
Acknowledged by: fox

664567e570269RoSoDude

664567e5702bd
I recall Ken Levin's "Narrative LEGO" talk at GDC 2014 as sounding like some half-assed thing he came up with in a few hours at his hotel room the night before. There was nothing in that talk that wasn't already present in Fallout: New Vegas, or any other RPG with a faction reputation system. I am surprised that this is making it into promotional interviews for a game a decade later.
664567e570418
The "narrative LEGO"-thing has been mentioned pretty much everytime the words "Ken Levine" and/or "Ghost Story Games" had been name dropped anywhere over the last few years. It's a catchy buzzword but as far as I understand it, it's neither groundbreaking nor a half-assed idea but simply an attempt to include story-elements in the pursuit of player-driven emergent gameplay by breaking it up into smaller pieces and adding more "if then"-branches for the player at more points of their journey, like P&P-RPGs have been doing forever.
« Last Edit: 01. April 2024, 17:22:52 by fox »

664567e570628sarge945

Acknowledged by: Join2
664567e570815
"OK Boomer" would've used even fewer characters.
« Last Edit: 03. April 2024, 13:12:06 by fox »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and ____!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
She was a triathlete in great shape, so why was she breathless, lightheaded and in pain?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664567e570980