🔒 System Shock 1 custom High Quality Soundfont

1 Guest is here.
6646bfefa25a0
Deu sexQuote
Extremely late reply sorry for that, I've been back to SS1 since the new beta release of Nightdive a few weeks ago (which is a BLAST to play by the way !), since I'll have a lot of time now, I've decided to redo this project from scratch, I've already created saves to a lot of different places in the game so I should have pretty much all music samples and dynamic alterations to work with, since I also do music production as a semi-pro hobby on Cubase now, my knowledge of MIDI has improved a lot, so it shouldn't take months to get there, expect news pretty soon !
6646bfefa2773
nintendoeatsQuote
Hey there! I have been working on something laterally related: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1428252618

My project right now is a version using a whole bunch of soundfonts to do really cool stuff, so I'm going to add the version you uploaded. I think it has a lot of potential. Executive sounds damn cool with it.

I do note some voice volume inconsistencies between sections (Security C for example).
6646bfefa292c
Deu sexQuote
That's really cool stuff you've got there !

I'm merging and carefully selecting sounds from 9 different huge free to use soundfonts, it's very long and the software I'm using (Viena) is crashing a lot unfortunately ! I only started seriously 3 days ago and I'm at instrument 15 / 127, once I've completed the 127 instruments there will be drumkits and effects, and after that, specific stuff related to System Shock in particular to adjust volume / reverb / pan / etc... to have a neat soundfont !

The only thing I'm kind of afraid of is the size of the soundfont, I'm trying my best to get the smallest great sounding samples but the soundfont is already +- 100 Mb with only the 15 instruments I've imported yet.. with cleaning !! I hope this is because it's the most complicated ones, I wanted to not go beyond 1 Gb but that will be complicated I fear.. I'll do my best to avoid that !

Otherwise I'll just delete instruments not used by System Shock in particular but that will require very careful analysis of all instruments being used by SS during all samples alterations ! Can be done though.
6646bfefa2ab8
Deu sexQuote
I just finished the 128 (I was counting the 0) instruments, some of them doesn't sound great with system shock though, but I intend to stay as close as possible to the composer's vision so I won't alterate instruments in the first iteration of the SystemShockSoundfont, I'll try to find same instruments but make them sound better for the ones that really don't fit.

For those who want a sneak peak of the current state of the project it's here : https://mega.nz/#!i8pBEADR!UpwV5bSuXt78uROFrmmanm1dEwbY5uqiE23oqpLcD7M
Link removed replaced by lattest alpha hotfix version :
https://mega.nz/#!O1gATIYD!YoxR_cHbMrHyoRWt-AG8_FjYYTygfBbtKJwF4cFhnQA
6646bfefa2b9b
nintendoeatsQuote
Research Labs now sounds like it was done by The Police a la Walking On The Moon, which is kinda neat. May I ask what soundfont or hardware you are using as a reference point for the "composer's vision"?

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact