🔒 System Shock 1 custom High Quality Soundfont

1 Guest is here.
6646b8a878bf9
nintendoeatsQuote
Executive D as defined by the nomenclature used in the MIDIs I posted at the bottom of this thread:

https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?wap2;topic=10048.msg121044#msg121044

Basically, it is the compositional sequence which brings all the different parts together.
6646b8a878dd6
Deu sexQuote
Wow but this is amazing ! You decompiled the whole midi soundtrack files ? this will provide indeed a very useful ressource to me, sorry if I didn't pay more attention to it sooner.

This also leads to some opportunities... if there is a way to inject those files back to the game that means it is possible to arrange the composition itself... I'll stay focus on what I'm doing, but arranging the composition directly has always been a dream to me !
6646b8a878eb2
nintendoeatsQuote
I'm glad it can be of use! If you are interested in putting in new music, Speedy has been working on just such a thing: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?wap2;topic=10162
6646b8a878fb6
Deu sexQuote
Amazing ! Looks like some pretty cool stuff can be done indeed ! I still have to play that custom story by the way ! After that why not creating a little group being midi music oriented  :)
Wow, also, I'm listening to all samples and... there definitely are some great sounding ones that the game never uses, that's a shame.

EDIT : I just found executive D 1 2 3, I totally see what you mean, mmm, this will be tricky since I really like the "saw lead" I'm using, I'll find a way for the beta :)
6646b8a879147
nintendoeatsQuote
I think that if you look hard enough they are all used, except for the few that I left unlabeled. Some of them are very rarely triggered though, like Medbay C as I mentioned in the other thread.

I am a total MIDI noob, my only experience has been from trying to get MUNT 32 versions of these of a specific length. Everything else has been working with WAVs. That being said, it's a coincidence that we are having this conversation today.

I borrowed a Roland PMA-5 last night and have spent the day trying to get the GS module mode to work. It actually needed some repair, but I just got it sorted and recorded a couple things. It is my speculation that this is a compact version of the SD-35 (maybe with a reduced sample rate). If you work it back that would make this effectively identical to the hardware the soundtrack was originally composed on. It does have a little bit of clickiness on the synth that doesn't exist in the SC-55 MkII recording that is up on Youtube, but other than that it sounds awfully similar. Anyway, here are a couple things I quickly recorded through my Focusrite 2i2.
[Medbay A1 PMA-5.mp3 expired]
[Intro Sequence PMA-5.mp3 expired]

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact