🔒 SS2 to appear on GOG.com soon?

1 Guest is here.
664968909e2b8
ScorpionQuote
Off-Topic: Hmmn, I guess I'll have to give it a shot, it looks like an alright game so why not?

Kind-of on topic: Oh damn it, thread derailment. This used to be a thread about GOG's upcoming SS2 Release, which happened a while ago.
664968909e5cc
KolyaQuote
Voodoo47 notified me that the current English GOG version of SS2 contains a corrupt Data\res\snd.crf. Two of the sound files from that archive will never play in the game. A crash is unlikely. This does not affect the original CD version of the game or the German SS2 version from GOG.
I notified GOG about this and I'm sure they will fix it with the next update. In the meantime I slapped together this patcher.

If you have 7-zip installed you can easily test if this problem exists in your game (and if the patcher worked) by rightclicking snd.crf and selecting "Test archive" from the 7-zip options.
664968909e789
ZanderatQuote
Thanks.  My game did have this issue.
664968909ec12
SimplexQuote

Quote by Kolya:
Voodoo47 notified me that the current English GOG version of SS2 contains a corrupt Data\res\snd.crf. Two of the sound files from that archive will never play in the game. A crash is unlikely. This does not affect the original CD version of the game or the German SS2 version from GOG.
I notified GOG about this and I'm sure they will fix it with the next update. In the meantime I slapped together this patcher.

If you have 7-zip installed you can easily test if this problem exists in your game (and if the patcher worked) by rightclicking snd.crf and selecting "Test archive" from the 7-zip options.

I will not fix it because the benevolent EULA in its infinite wisdom does not permit me to mod the game!

(kidding, just wanted to point out the absurdity of the EULA).
664968909ee21
HikariQuote
Even without modding that's probably the best argument in favor of changing it. 'Hey we found a bug and fixed it, but legally people can't use the patcher we made.'

*eyeroll*

Sorry you're having to put up with this drek Kolya. You're  asaint for not being a bundle of raw anger.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact