🔒 System Shock Infinite 2.0 looking for playtesters

1 Guest is here.
664725241611d
xdiespQuote

Quote by Vegoraptor:
Edit: The game crashes when I try to hack into my past self for the first time in med/sci, just after the loading screen. Everything I saw up to that point varied from "nice" to "mindblowing."

Hell, does it always and you can't progress at all? Do you want me to provide you a savegame back there? It might have something to do with the version of the game: in the past weeks, I switched from my very old GOG installation to the current Steam one because Cyberspace 3 kept crashing. It never did afterwards.
66472524162da
VegoraptorQuote
I didn't play for that much longer, but as it seems I can progress normally with the exclusion of said cyberspace segment. I can upload the crashdump if you think this helps, personally I can't read anything out of that.
I'm using the GOG-Version, so this might be the problem.
xdiespQuote
Were you able to use the tear without crashes? I used to get a crash when I entered Cyberspace in Hydroponics, then I installed the mod on the Steam version and they stopped. I was using a very old installation, all messed up, and gathered that maybe the problem was just that (and often it would stop playing movies).

I had posted the crash dump from that Hydroponics problem in another thread, but got no replies. Maybe it's just a conflict with a single setting on a marker, who knows. See to save your game before map changes, and retry doing Cyberspace because it would be a real pity to be unable to play it.

edit I can't pinpoint the cause of the crashes yet, but I asked around so there's hope. Try the mod with the Steam version for the time being, if you can.
66472524164c2
VegoraptorQuote
Nope, I can't use the tear either as it turns out. I guess this is caused by the loading algorithm since I definitely have both the .gam and the .mis files of both cyberspace and tear.
xdiespQuote

Quote by Vegoraptor:
Nope, I can't use the tear either as it turns out. I guess this is caused by the loading algorithm since I definitely have both the .gam and the .mis files of both cyberspace and tear.

Maybe you're right: please, would you try again with this updated code? It's for tear and cyberspace in Medsci.

/fingers crossed

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact