📱 SS2 NoSpiders

1 Guest is here.
6646e044dcad8
KolyaQuote
Maybe I sounded too harsh due to the brevity of my post. I understand that a fear one doesn't share is absurd and hilarious. I don't have Arachnophobia myself. But if System Shock triggered social phobia, how many here would be able to mock that as easily?
So please show respect and empathy or refrain from posting in this particular thread. Thanks.

//Opiliones are arachnids and therfore no exemption. Did you really have to ask?
6646e044dcc48
CFW MagicQuote
I can't seem to get the DML part to work properly (not having enough time to really dig into the guides to DML might be an issue here), however, for anybody who still wants it, here is the revised and all fixed up version of shockscp.gam

I might get back to attempting to switch spiders into something else, but don't expect it too hard. Trying to replace them by worms made BotM rather complicated due to how small these are and the lack of a flashlight, and replacing them with rumblers is guaranteed to rip up anybody who didn't play the game for at least 4/5 times (or doesn't play on easy).

Another suggestion stems from voodoo's proposition to replace the spider model and give it new sounds, but I'm nowhere near 3D graphics and animation, so I'll have to bow out for now.

Feel free to use this as you see fit. Yell at me if something's broken/not working. I'll attempt to fix it ASAP.
[shockscp.zip expired]
6646e044dce07
voodoo47Quote
time for some dml/NVscript magic - the attached mod, once activated, will slaughter ALL spiders EVERYWHERE, vanilla, SCP, fan missions, it just won't care. a worm will be spawned at their place. pre-placed spider corpses will also be removed.

note: if the level does something scripted with a spider, this mod will break it (no change there, the previously posted mods that were removing spiders are not any different) - a good example would be the Eng2 Many sequence, while the spiders will be converted into worms properly, they will not patrol around like the spiders did (as that part is scripted on the spiders, and will die with them).

//attached to the first post after a round of (successful) tests.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact