🔒 System Shock Enhanced Edition released on GOG

1 Guest is here.
6642cf13d52c6
SkafsgaardQuote
@Voodoo47: That's exactly what I wanted to hear - thank you!

@Kolya: Oh... well, that lowers my elation somewhat. Besides the "true to speech" mod, those scaled up textures sound really nice. What's the CPU brake you mention? The original setup files and the infos don't sound like they'll impact the actual game.
In any case, you're the author of SSP, right? Thanks for all your work! Maybe you can talk to Night Dive about implementing those last few features from your SSP - or make a patch yourself, that's compatible with the GOG release, that adds those features back in.

As for the "true to speech" mod, would that be possible to install on the GOG version of the game as it is now?
6642cf13d54ac
KolyaQuote
Most likely, yes. I added links to these mods in my previous post.
6642cf13d5579
SkafsgaardQuote
That's fantastic - thank you so much! Finally I'll be able to have the ultimate SS experience!
6642cf13d5642
KolyaQuote
The CPU brake is (or used to be?) necessary to beat SHODAN in the final level, because the time in which she fills the screen is tied to the framerate, if I remember correctly. So on a modern system this would give you little chance to beat her. Would be interesting to know if Malba fixed this. I guess we'll know soon.
6642cf13d570f
SkafsgaardQuote
Ah yeah, I see. Things being tied to framerate has been known to cause some quirks when run on modern computers, in quite a few older games I've played.

But yeah, I can't imagine they'd release the game without being able to properly fight the end boss.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact