NewDark original releases: SS2 and Thief2

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/31▶▶
6637af7c053d5
RocketManQuote
This thread is for technical discussion about the NewDark patch. It is not a place a for support requests.
It is recommended that you use the provided automatic installers to install this patch:
- SS2Tool for System Shock 2
- Tafferpatcher for Thief 2
- TFix for Thief 1

I'm going to look like a real putz if I stir up the hive over nothing but I think we may be onto something here gentlemen...

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140085

TTLG members seem to have discovered this on a French forum and a few have tried it but most are just drooling over it and I'm at work so I can't take a deep dive to see how legit or useful it is.  The feature list is full of win but I'm not the most technically inclined so does anyone care to weigh in on what the significance of this package actually is and how we can use it, if at all? 

If it is made of win...  :stroke:      XD

//Added new versions ~Kolya
6637af7c05599
voodoo47Quote
no time to post, time to go through all the new stuff. and yeah, it's made of win.
6637af7c056c2
KolyaQuote
I'll attach the download, because otherwise this thread is in the wrong forum. Let's hope this is legit. Seems clean anyway.

EDIT: I'm still downloading the SS2 demo from deposit. It's slow as a very slow thing. When I got everything I'll probably make a torrent, including the thief stuff.
6637af7c0576b
RocketManQuote
Yeahhh.... I guess I wouldn't be quite myself if I didn't do something wrong constructing a simple thread.
6637af7c058ce
KolyaQuote
I've tested this a bit and come up with a preliminary install procedure:
1. Pull the shock folder from the CD (as advised in the SS2 tech FAQ)
2. Install SS2Tool v3.6 but uncheck "Bug Fixes" as none of them are needed anymore
3. Extract ss2_v24.zip on your desktop.
4. Extract new_dark.zip and contrib.zip into your game folder
Page: 1/31▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact