663799e4b9b32

663799e4ba1a6
2 Guests are here.

Topic: NewDark original releases: SS2 and Thief2
Page: « 1 ... 6 [7]
Read 110291 times  

663799e4ba66fvoodoo47

663799e4ba6de
yes it did, 2048*2048 should be no problem, maybe even more. check the docs.
663799e4baae2
Changes and fixes for v1.27---------------------------

General:
 - fixed an issue with wrong texture palette being used on world textures, from families without a full.pcx,
   after loading savegames
 - fixed original bug where under some circumstances random objects started playing voices from a recently
   destroyed AI
 - fixed an original bug in some loading code that could on occasion cause trouble when loading savegames or
   during level transitions in SS2
 - updated "doc\T1.7z" package with a motiondb patch to fix a small issue in T1 mode (see the contained readme)
 - added "hide_maxed_hpbar" config var that will hide the health bar when player has full health

DromEd:
 - fixed room(/EAX) type not being copied when cloning room brush
 - added incremental save support (see "incremental_save_dir" in "doc\new_config_vars.txt" and the supplied
   sample "dromed.cfg")
 - added "load_world_gam" command that tries to load a cow (or mis) file, but will prompt user to load a
   gamesys file, might be useful for rescue or debugging (the loaded result must be carefully inspected
   as gamesys data will likely differ from what was in the cow)
 - added "load_terrain" command that tries to load only terrain, no objects, from a mis/cow, might be useful
   for rescue or debugging
 - added "reload_motion_info" command, to reload data from a mi-file without having to rebuild entire motiondb
 - added "dump_motions_schemas" command (see "doc\motion_schema_syntax.txt")
 - added CTRL and ALT modifiers when clicking in solid view while the texture palette is open
   (CTRL allows changing selected surface without assigning a texture, ALT picks the texture from the clicked
   surface and sets it as the current selection in the texture palette)
 - added positional info to some portalization merge errors

Other:
 - fixed a bug in SQUIRREL.OSM with SendMessage function and the data3 param
 - fixed incorrectly documented game/API version for a couple of functions in the DarkGame script service
 - updated a parameter for the ObjRaycast function in the Engine script service (should be backward compatible
   with existing code that uses it)
 - Notepad++ files for Squirrel updated to reflect latest fixes
 - added PossessedSimple function to the Property script service
 - added stun an freeze functions to the AI script service
 - added Create and CreateArch commands to DMLs
 - added multiplayer beta (separate executable)
(which is SS2 ND 2.48)
Can anyone explain if this is made of win too? Fixes when loading sounds good, but what does all the rest do? Anything especially cool?

663799e4babf6voodoo47

663799e4bac48
for the regular user, it's just stability and compatibility, for modders and mission creators, improved tools and options. it is now possible to create dml archetypes - this vastly expands dml modding capabilities, very complex dml mods are now possible, for example, a skilled dml modder could merge all the various old SS2 gamesys mods into one, apply some Secmod bits to SCP or vice versa, all without touching anything directly. it will be fairly easy to get rid of SCP dependence in various minimods.
663799e4baf50
JML, you forgot to post the link! This seems to be it:

https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149856

There's discussion in that thread of a possible bug in the Thief 2 update when playing multiplayer, so anyone who wants to try that should read through the thread first. Me, I love Thief 2 but I don't think I'd like multiplayer in it (though maybe...), but I do intend one day to go swimming in it's sea of apparently sometimes extremely good mods. For some reason (lack of time, my addiction to first person shooters, whatever), I don't think I've ever played a fan-made mod for any Thief game, though I love all three of the games (but not the fourth game, obviously).

Edit: It the person/people making these updates still unknown (as it was rumoured, since they are supposed to be using unreleased source code for the patches, so they want to hide their identity) or have they revealed themselves?

663799e4bb061voodoo47

663799e4bb0b4
the mp osm issue is confirmed - that means you need to have a separate T2 install for mp, which is something you should be doing anyway, if you are any smart.

the Raven is still anonymous, and considering all the legal stuff involved, it's no surprise - remember, the Dark Engine is owned by squeenix, and they are not known for not nuking everything and everyone who dares to look at their ips in a funny way into the stone age.

I'm really curious how NDS are going to tackle this problem - they intend to release the SS2 source code, and I don't see that happening unless they get a goahead from the big evil guys.
663799e4bb1d6
Is the Thief 2 bug only for multiplayer? In that case, we single player players should definitely install this new patch, shouldn't we? And I take it that installing the new SS2 patch won't cause problems with SCP beta 4 or any other mod or addon?

663799e4bb338voodoo47

663799e4bb389
a regular user shouldn't do anything, and wait for the community tools to get up to date (SS2tool already is, and yes, no problem with any of the mods). basically, if you are asking what to do with the files, then you shouldn't be messing with them in the first place.

The T2 osm issue means that single player will not work properly, if you patch it with the mp patch. as mentioned, keeping an extra install of T2 just for mp (not a problem, considering the average capacity of a hdd nowadays) will circumvent it.
« Last Edit: 26. June 2019, 19:34:09 by voodoo47 »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

The deck number where you shall meet Dr. Janice Polito:
2 Guests are here.
that has not been thought through thoroughly though
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663799e4bb4d0