NewDark original releases: SS2 and Thief2

11 Guests are here.
6648f76e49d6b
FironkkuifyQuote
And upon this discovery came the inevitable spontaneous nerd-gasm of thousands of fanboys and fangirls. 

-w-
6648f76e49fe1
KolyaQuote
Haha, indeed. That's one impressive patch. There's also thread in the SS2 board of TTLG about this now.
6648f76e4a2b4
vurtQuote
Thief Series General Discussion (795 Viewing)

sounds a lot :)

Great patch(es)!! Got to convert my textures now :)

6648f76e4a56b
RocketManQuote
Speaking of which, I'm planning on responding re: space images I just haven't had time lately. Sry bout that.
6648f76e4ad42
JDoranQuote

Quote by Kolya:
I've tested this a bit and come up with a preliminary install procedure:
1. Pull the shock folder from the CD (as advised in the SS2 tech FAQ)
2. Install SS2Tool v3.6 but uncheck "Bug Fixes" as none of them are needed anymore
3. Extract ss2_v24.zip on your desktop.
4. Extract new_dark.zip and contrib.zip into your game folder

Can we still run ADoB v30 with the new SS2 patch installed?

Also, if you update SS2MM for this patch, then please would you consider adding the following features:

1. Please add a second column in the mod list view windows, showing a letter(s), describing what type of mod each one is. I.e. 'F' for Fan Mission, 'B' for bug-fix, 'V' for Visual enhancement, 'A' for audio enhancement, 'G' for gameplay enhancement/changes, etc.

So that the mod window would look something like:

Anomalies, Discrepancies, and outright Bugs (Beta 0.3.0)     BG
Hi-Torque Medsci                                                              V
FM: The Minstrel (1.0) + spawn patch                                 F
Rebirth Beta 01 - Complemented Version                            V
Return to the UNN 1.0.1 (sky+spawn-patched)                   F
secmod_fix_for_tacticool_laser_pistol                                BV
shmup_1.1                                                                     A
SHTUP Beta 6                                                                  V
ArcaniacGraphicsPack Reduxed                                          V
ss2_christine_ponterbeestationv3                                     F

and add the options:

'Show all' (shows all mods, as it does by default), 'Show only fan missions' (shows only the mods with an 'F' in their mod type column), 'Show only bug-fixes', 'Show only visual enhancements', 'Show only audio enhancements', 'Show only game-play enhancements'

When 'Show all' is active, then clicking on the 'Name' bar would list all mods in their alphabetical order, and clicking on a letter (BGVA, or F) would list the mods with the first mods listed being the ones with that letter in their mod type, i.e. so clicking on 'F' would list the mods with 'F' in their mod type first, so the fan missions would all be listed first.

This might necessitate adding a database function into SS2MM so it knows what mods are what type(s), but given how few mods there are for SS2 I don't think it would be a problem?

2. Please could you make it so every fan mission has it's own save game slots? So that when you start SS2 (via SS2MM) with a fan mission, then the save game slots for that fan mission are present (i.e there could be a folder for each set of fan missions and one for vanilla SS2). This should probably be extended to gameplay modifications too, to prevent confusion and to stop people from trying to load a save game created in a different SS2 mod state.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact