NewDark original releases: SS2 and Thief2

2 Guests are here.
6649282cef966
FrozenLuffyQuote
Would someone be able to post a list of all the visual mods that are included in the demo? I'm having trouble figuring out which ones I should install.
6649282cefab4
RoenieQuote
This patch makes the game able to run 2560x1600. The max of ddfix is 2048x2048 (which in real world terms means 1920x1200 on my 30" screen). A huge improvement and it also fixed my EAX setting. Nice.

Note: i noticed that there are several .mis files in the archive. I chose *not* to extract those because they would overwrite the modded .mis files in my ss2 directory. If you install the entire patch you'll overwrite some of ADaoB, for example.

Edit: incorrect - they are not .mis files, they are .mis.dml files.
6649282cf01ea
voodoo47Quote

Quote by FrozenLuffy:
Would someone be able to post a list of all the visual mods that are included in the demo? I'm having trouble figuring out which ones I should install.
if you mean the SS2 demo that has been provided with the new patches, I'm definitely seeing:
-SHTUP
-ADAOB (SHEMP textures)
-vurt's space
-Tacticool weapons

maybe more?

Quote by Kolya:
I've tested this a bit and come up with a preliminary install procedure:
1. Pull the shock folder from the CD (as advised in the SS2 tech FAQ)
2. Install SS2Tool v3.6 but uncheck "Bug Fixes" as none of them are needed anymore
3. Extract ss2_v24.zip on your desktop.
4. Extract new_dark.zip and contrib.zip into your game folder
this should be posted in the ss2tool topic as well.
6649282cf0331
KolyaQuote
It is now.
6649282cf0914
vurtQuote

Quote by Kolya:
3. Extract ss2_v24.zip into your game folder

...more specifically you should extract new_dark.zip from within ss2_v24.zip into your game folder.. most people already know, but in case someone new to all this reads ;)

Quote by RocketMan:
Speaking of which, I'm planning on responding re: space images I just haven't had time lately. Sry bout that.

no worries :)

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact