NewDark original releases: SS2 and Thief2

1 Guest is here.
66492dee79d19
MarvinQuote

Quote by Kolya:
Well for an instance the Broken Use/Shoot Mode Problem seems to have gone. And cutscenes play without a hitch for everyone apparently. And EAX should also be possible on Vista/7 without crooks like ALchemy. These were the 3 major problems that I've heard more than enough about. I think we'll have to rewrite a lot of the guides here. :)
But yeah, the main improvements seem to have made with the editor. Which is awesome, because that will mean more mods and FMs. Good times.
Yeah, working EAX and use/shoot mode are definitely big improvements, as is the new HUD scaling option. Never had any problem with the cutscenes though, even on Win7x64.
66492dee79f10
ToxicFrogQuote
You didn't, I didn't, but I know a lot of people who did.

Also, with the crop_movies option, they now display properly on widescreen monitors.

And you can use the mousewheel to scroll through text in the MFDs!  :D
66492dee7a2e2
KolyaQuote

Quote by vurt:
...more specifically you should extract new_dark.zip from within ss2_v24.zip into your game folder.

Yeah, that's what I get for posting from work without looking at the files again. Thanks for the headsup.
66492dee7a43d
voodoo47Quote
..sooo, when we can expect the new version of ss2tool to pop up?
66492dee7a533
KolyaQuote
Yeah, I guess there should be one. Maybe I can whip it up tonight. At the latest it will come out early next week.
I'll probably raise the version number to 4.0, because it is a major update that will have little to do with the 3.x branch in the bug fix section. I'll definitely keep the 3.x branch around as an alternative.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact