SS2 Czech Translation

2 Guests are here.
6640d7cdd6c7c
ZylonBaneQuote
Does Czech need any characters not in the code page 850 character set? That's what Dark uses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page_850
6640d7cdd6e77
voodoo47Quote
yes, and that means new font files will have to be created. was just about to ask whether someone could maybe post an idiot's guide to SS2 fonts - had a quick look at the thieffon tool, and I was able to create working fon files from already existing bmps, but not the other way around, the bmps (created from vanilla fon files) always come out garbled. this means if I had a bmp template I could just fill with the new characters, I could do it with ease.

//ok, I think I can just modify the existing bmp until it does what I want. anyway, pretty sure a proper guide would be useful sometime in the future.
[uuu.jpg expired]
6640d7cdd6f4a
ZylonBaneQuote
Freakin' Czech alphabet. Circumflex wasn't good enough, they had to go with a caron.
6640d7cdd70a0
voodoo47Quote
yeah, slavic languages are very fond of adding weird crap to otherwise normal alphabet letters. anyway, hacking all the required stuff into the bmp provided by Chokboyz was easy enough, so now we have a CZ/SK mainaa and mainfont fonts, in a better-than-nothing™ quality - so technically, a CZ person could grab any string from the package, and start correcting right away (extract the font file to a FONTS folder in your CZ translation folder, and you can go ahead).

mainaa is needed for: traits, objname, level, hacktext, notes, objshort, objlooks, minigame, infocomp, all help, maptext, research, rsrchtxt, jargon, both shead, both modify, both sett, weapon.

mainfont for: hrm, misc, usemsg, huduse, lockmsg, invcursor, network.

blueaa for: chargen.
[traits_cz.jpg expired]
6640d7cdd71c9
ZylonBaneQuote
I don't suppose this would be useful.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact