664a91f293f7d

664a91f29450b
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8 [obsolete]
Page: « 1 2 [3] 4 ... 36 »
Read 168820 times  

Re: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8
664a91f294d09
The first thing to do, when something goes wrong, is to find some scripts to blame it on. :rolleyesgreen:

A crash every minute or two sounds more like a hyperthreading / dual core issue.
     Don't take everything so personally. mhmm never had a single problem with crashing before this mod... oh so you know all about my pc huh? care to give me more details? What is that one program called again? ss2 talls? ss2 teels? oh right. ss2 tools. gotcha. you know the one that fixes hyperthreading issues. you should know you obviously know everything about my pc.
664a91f2950d2
Salk:  Both of those mods change the game completely, SecMod more so than any other.  Most of the fixes from Miracle Freak's mod (e.g. the stuff from ADaOB) should be in SecMod2.

Are you saying you've never played SS2 before?  Then you should play it first without any mods, most especially not something which changes the game as much as SecMod.

Well, I do thank you for your advice but I will not follow it because I can't know if I am ever going to play the game more than once (most likely not - I have great games in queue waiting to be played) and I strongly believe in offering myself the best experience that a modded game can give so I am surely going to install some mods.

It's just a matter of making a selection here but I hope that miracle.freak will help me with it again.

664a91f2951e7johnnythewolf

664a91f29523c
Jesus, this mod is hard on Impossible. It's like all the hybrids are now using a SpeedBoost implant. Since I'm tired of dying over and over again before reaching the first QBRM, I decreased the difficulty level to "Hard"... I hope I'm not missing too much.

Anyway, awesome stuff.
« Last Edit: 20. August 2008, 21:54:36 by johnnythewolf »

664a91f295874Nameless Voice

664a91f2958ac
     Don't take everything so personally. mhmm never had a single problem with crashing before this mod... oh so you know all about my pc huh? care to give me more details? What is that one program called again? ss2 talls? ss2 teels? oh right. ss2 tools. gotcha. you know the one that fixes hyperthreading issues. you should know you obviously know everything about my pc.

Now who's taking things personally here?
It's quite possible that it is the scripts, but that doesn't change the fact that people always blame them first without evidence.  For example, trying to run the game without NVScript.osm to see if the problem disappears.

Well, I do thank you for your advice but I will not follow it because I can't know if I am ever going to play the game more than once (most likely not - I have great games in queue waiting to be played) and I strongly believe in offering myself the best experience that a modded game can give so I am surely going to install some mods.

Using mods which vastly alter Looking Glass' vision for the game is hardly the best experience.  There's one scene in particular in SecMod which I always felt ruined the feel of an important event in the original story, for example.
664a91f295a49
NamelessVoice,

I do understand what you are saying and to a certain extent, I do agree with you. I played other non modded Looking Glass titles before (Thief and System Shock (1)) and I could taste the high quality of their productions.

But I always believe that things can be improved. My favourite CRPG is a game that I played without any Mod (loving it) and later again with a numerous amount of Mods. The result is that a great game became simply extraordinary. I would never recommend to play it without some "must-have" mods while others are a more subjective matter.

Most of the Mods I intend to install for System Shock 2 should be pretty transparent (SHTUP and SHMUP) while ADaoB - from what I understood - is a sort of unofficial patch which I have not yet found a reason for not want it installed.

SecMod2.1 might or not might be to my liking while I do know miracle.freak's UARMM has everything to make me think the game would be more enjoyable with it.

Again, thanks for your opinion! ;-)

664a91f295b88miracle.flame

664a91f295bd7
Salk, if you're going for kickass gameplay only once then go for SecMod2, there's nothing better on the scene atm imho.

If you consider playing twice you may pick UARMM first as it's quite not far fetched from original gameplay (basically ADaoB+spawn modes+some graphical enhancements in first two levels).

If you want three rounds you may put Alyamod in the middle.

664a91f295fadThiefsieFool

664a91f29600f
Jesus, this mod is hard on Impossible. It's like all the hybrids are now using a SpeedBoost implant. Since I'm tired of dying over and over again before reaching the first QBRM, I decreased the difficulty level to "Hard"... I hope I'm not missing too much.

Awesome stuff.

You won't be missing anything by picking a lower difficulty, there's no difficulty-specific areas or anything.
« Last Edit: 20. August 2008, 20:37:06 by tf »

664a91f29632djohnnythewolf

664a91f296385
You won't be missing anything by picking a lower difficulty, there's no difficulty-specific areas or anything.
also thanx but no spoilers plz!! :wtfu:

Yeah, well, considering it happens at the very beginning of the game, it's not a big spoiler, but okay, I'll edit my post. Just make sure you do the same with your quote.

On another subject, I know nobody reads them, but you might want to edit the information given by the info panels regarding the security crates. Last time I checked, it's still written that they explode in case of failure.

Also, I noticed that enemies tend to gather around hacked cameras.
664a91f296495
Typical deleting of posts. Why don't you sensor namelessvoice who got overly defencive. oh lets just have his buddies jump in to defend him.
664a91f296616
No posts were deleted in this thread.
If there's anything you want to discuss about our moderation or moderators please do so by PMing me.
Please stay on topic.

664a91f29671ajohnnythewolf

664a91f296774
I'm getting crashes on Hydro. For some reasons, it always happens during shootouts with shotgun hybrids. The first time, I was firing a HP bullet at a hybrid in the long corridor at the left of the elevator. The second time, it happened during an alarm, as I was unloading a standard pistol clip on another hybrid.

EDIT: Also, it crashes very often near the environmental regulator not far from the QBRM, in Hydro C. Destroying an egg, throwing a cesium bomb or even just being there seem enough to cause crashes.
« Last Edit: 22. August 2008, 15:59:55 by johnnythewolf »

664a91f2969d5Rainalkar

664a91f296a28
Try to rename hydro DIF file (in SS2 dir) into something else or move it.

664a91f296c6cAssassin

664a91f296cc4
Nope,2 years ago that didn't work for me.I had to summon the Super Duper Fusion Cannon just to open the door to sector A.
664a91f296ddf
Having multiplayer issues here - we cannot procede to engineering, the client gets "Waiting for other players..." immediately before crashing. Works without 'NVScript.osm', like suggested in a previous post.

664a91f29717eNameless Voice

664a91f2971d2
No, SecMod does not have the Hydro2 bug.  This won't fix anything.

Having multiplayer issues here - we cannot procede to engineering, the client gets "Waiting for other players..." immediately before crashing. Works without 'NVScript.osm', like suggested in a previous post.

Known issue, multiplayer is not currently properly supported.  It works sometimes, other times not.
There may be a patch.
« Last Edit: 22. August 2008, 18:57:42 by Nameless Voice »

664a91f2972b3Viol3ntMelon

664a91f29730e
So is this mod compatible with AdaoB latest version(whatever) and Hi-Torque Complete Med/Sci changes?
It worked when I shut AdaoB off, but its THE unofficial patch, can I live without it?

664a91f2973ddmiracle.flame

664a91f29742d
This mod IS NOT compatibile with ANY *.mis or *.gam mod! Which those two mentioned are.
BUT!
It should have all ADaoB fixes so better read details first to know what you want and what you get. It doesn't have Hi-Torque Complete Med/Sci changes but if I'm right it has TF's Complete SS2 changes. Again read what you get.

664a91f297650Viol3ntMelon

664a91f2976a2
This mod IS NOT compatibile with ANY *.mis or *.gam mod! Which those two mentioned are.
BUT!
It should have all ADaoB fixes so better read details first to know what you want and what you get. It doesn't have Hi-Torque Complete Med/Sci changes but if I'm right it has TF's Complete SS2 changes. Again read what you get.

Thanks for the help, I'm new to this. I'll just disable those 2 and play.

664a91f29783fmiracle.flame

664a91f297892
I have a suspision that I've stumbled upon some severe bug/cheat

I've noticed some soft beep noises and after check I saw I had more CMs than I was suposed to. More exactly I had 11 instead of 9. I wanted to make sure and load a quicksave from minute ago. So I made another save first. But it overwrote my quicksave as well so no banana. Strange thing anyway when I loaded this fresh save I suddenly had only 3 CMs! A bug I guess because I remember I picked those 9 CMs in that particular area. Then after some time I heard the beep again. And I had 4 CMs. I toyed around and found out that when I was swapping light armor with hazard suit slowly new CMs appeared along with beeps. I don't understand how it works but after a while I was able to hamster 17 CMs just by swapping armors (slowly!).

At that time I was at cargo bays in engineering and I had picked Naturally able trait (bonus CM for every 10 CM gained). Maybe the trait has something to do with that strange behavior but it's only my guess.
« Last Edit: 14. August 2009, 18:01:37 by Kolya »

664a91f29795eNameless Voice

664a91f2979ad
Very interesting.  Sounds like a bug with the cyber module counter that is responsible for the +10% bonus.  I'll look into this.

Edit: Okay, that should be fixed in the next patch.  Assuming there will be one.
« Last Edit: 11. September 2008, 20:59:29 by Nameless Voice »
664a91f297acd
There is somthing that confuses me with this mod :confused:. Why when i do serten things a hypo drops from no where. Like in medsci1 a Psi hypo just spawned from no were when i opend a desk. When i loaded a save and opend the desk the psi hypo didnt spawn. In engernering when i was about to go frow the radiotion when i used a speed booster hypo a emptey hypo spawned. Dose any one know why this happends.

664a91f297b8cNameless Voice

664a91f297bd7
You get empty hypos when you use a hypo.  If you already have one in your inventory, they will stack with that, otherwise they will be dropped on the ground.  Empty hypos can be used for some inventory combinations.

664a91f297d10miracle.flame

664a91f297d60
becuase when you use one you still can keep (or throw away) the empty case...like in real life... you don't inject the whole thing in your veins.

664a91f297e1aAssassin

664a91f297e67
Anyone up for a multy?Im in eastern europe and I have 50 megabit connection to all europe.Haven't played for quite a while.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Trioptimum executive Edward ____ (Fill in the last name):
1 Guest is here.
It's time to see it (Then you'll believe it)
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a91f297fd1