SS2 Blaydes99 RttUNN

4 Guests are here.
6647d90fae46e
VenoM_31Quote
OK, I got it. You're right, no more flooding.
6647d90fae58c
JavelinQuote
 Got a small problem at the end of this great FM. Installed the fuel canister and try to go aboard the escape pod and the program crashes to the desk top.
I am running SS2,Mod Manager and rebirth mod with no problems at all with Christines FM's and this one up till now. Oh, I am using Win XP btw.
6647d90faee90
blaydes99Quote

Quote by Javelin:
Got a small problem at the end of this great FM. Installed the fuel canister and try to go aboard the escape pod and the program crashes to the desk top.
I am running SS2,Mod Manager and rebirth mod with no problems at all with Christines FM's and this one up till now. Oh, I am using Win XP btw.

Quote by Javelin:

I would first try disabling the other mods to see if a conflict is causing the crash. You're the first person that I know of that has had a crash here (doesn't mean that this has never happened, of course) - so my best guess would be that something in your installation is causing the problem. Try to just reduce all the extras that you may have to see if that helps.

And regarding the spawn problem, I think the ecologies get corrupted on the first level (it's just too big, and had some issues when I was making it. The other levels are much more robust, but I made a lot of mistakes that I later tried to clean up). So, that does seem to affect the other missions.

One thing you could try is to begin your game from a different mission (Triop level, or UNN Gallo) and see if these types of problems still persist. (Simply fire up your desired mission from within ShockEd, save the game to create a "clean" save, then load you saved game from within the normal game). Let us know what you find out!
6647d90faeffb
JavelinQuote
 Hmmm...I don't use Shocked..never have.
 Using ModManager I tried running your mod again but the regular SS2 loaded so I played through again!!!
Had your FM saves in the top 6 rows and saved the regular game in the bottom rows. When I finished SS2
and reactivatied your FM I kept crashing to the desk top.

I'll play with it later..may have to reinstall everything.
Thanks for the reply.
6647d90faf10c
JavelinQuote
  I goofed and had the wrong FM activated...The saved games for your FM work ok...I replayed from a save where I had to go to the engine room and got the fuel cell.
Then went to the bridge..no captain there, just a log file. Went down to the escape pod, installed the fuel cell. As I try to enter the escape pod I get booted to  a black screen
saying "System Shock 2 has encountered a problem..."  Your Mod played fine up to that point..I'm guessing that is the end of the game and I am just missing a cutscene???

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact