SS2 Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines

1 Guest is here.
6647257753ec8
sarge945Quote
Awesome thanks! I'm gonna play through the game again with it in the next few days.

I've been trying to get shocked working so I can do the hacking stuff I want to do, but I'm getting stumped by annoying GUIfont errors, so I can't do the changes I want to do.

Also from the description tinkerer sounds amazing
RoSoDudeQuote
Great, let me know how it goes!

Hopefully Tinker is balanced by the fact that you only get 7/6/5/4 FE devices on Easy/Normal/Hard/Impossible. To get the maximum benefit you need to do the first level modification with the Modify skill (requirements ranging from 1-4) and then use the FE device to do the second. So that's a pretty specific and planned out build that requires skill investment, an O/S upgrade, and the use of a very rare item. Should be okay.
RoSoDudeQuote
Update 1.05. Some more stuff for Repair and Research.
https://vimeo.com/449929507
https://vimeo.com/482522156

#### 1.05 ####
-Reverted Assault Rifle degradation increase (as maintenance tools are much less effective on it)
-The broken QBR machine in Command A is now repairable, requires Repair 6 (20 nanites, -20% base success, 0 base ICE)
-Added a broken Power Station to the Rickenbacker, requires Repair 6 (40 nanites, -20% base success, 0 base ICE)
-Repairing Replicators now also sets them to a hacked state for free
-Replaced all Hack/Repair/Modify software from Replicator databases with other actually useful items
   -MedSci 2, Hack 1 to Portable Battery for 85/65 nanites
   -MedSci 2, Research 1 to Speed Booster for --/45 nanites
   -Cargo Bay 2, Repair 1 to 6 Armor-Piercing Bullets for --/90 nanites
   -Hydroponics C, Repair 1 to Disposable Maintenance Tool for 60/45 nanites
   -Hydroponics C, Repair 2 to Speed Booster for --/45 nanites
   -Hydroponics C, Modify 1 to 6 Armor-Piercing Bullets for 120/90 nanites
   -Ops C, Repair 2 to Portable Battery for --/65 nanites
   -Command B, Repair 3 to Small Beaker for --/90 nanites
-Each point of the Research skill increases the chance to find organs in loot tables by 15%
   -Reduced base chance to find annelid healing glands in eggs from 30% to 25%
   -NOTE: organs will not crowd out other possible loot
   -NOTE: Hard/Impossible still have a 30/75% chance to delete all loot found

EDIT: Also, there was a highly reliable crash that occurred when loading the Cargo Bays for the first time, but it seems to be fixed with the latest SS2Tool (with NVScript update).
664725775480c
RoSoDudeQuote
Huge update. The major focus is on retooling character creation with unique benefits for each class, coupled with tweaks to early game resource distribution to make each playthrough more distinct based on your starting choices. There are also a number of bugfixes (key among them being a deliberate attempt to rectify the Cargo Bay crash using ZylonBane's script alternative to NVCreateAndLink).

#### 1.06 ####
-Added more protection against loading the mod without SCP
-Fixed Command B High-Security Crate not being frobbable due to oversight in script assignment
-Fixed minor script error and added failsafe relating to new Strong Metabolism damage tick rate feature
-Fixed items getting recharged when dragged over broken Power Stations
-Fixed modified Pistol in Med/Sci 2 still having a 3-round burst secondary fire
-Fixed base Pistol/Shotgun/Assault Rifle clip sizes not matching new defaults on spawned copies (only affects debug)
-Replaced a script that frequently led to a crash when first loading the Cargo Bays
-Streamlined script file with a base script for common inheritance
-Updated Research skill description to indicate the new loot chance scaling
-Reverted SCP's WormHeart toxin "buildup", now always applies 4 toxic on removal as in vanilla
-Diagnostic/Repair Modules now always appear in robot inventories regardless of the Cyber-Assimilation O/S upgrade
   -Cyber-Assimilation is still required to actually use the item
-Decreased player PP on Hard from 3 + 8 x PSI to 4 + 7 x PSI
-Increased player PP on Impossible from 1 + 5 x PSI to 3 + 5 x PSI
-Increased corpse loot removal chance on Easy/Normal/Hard/Impossible from 0/0/30/75% to 0/10/30/75%
-Pickup ammo count on Easy/Normal/Hard/Impossible is randomly decreased by up to 0/15/30/45% on initial map load
-Replicators now require Hack 1
-Security Computers now require Hack 3
-Rocket Turrets now require Hack 5, Repair 4, Maint 4
-Rickenbacker Turrets now require Hack 6, Repair 5, Maint 5
-Increased Viral Proliferator Modify requirement from 3->4
-Increased Worm Launcher Modify requirement from 2->3
-Security Expert O/S upgrade now counts towards minimum Hack skill requirements
-Decreased Cerebro-Stimulated Regeneration healing from 2 HP per PSI to 1 HP per PSI
-Decreased Advanced Cerebro-Stimulated Regeneration healing from 5 HP + 5 HP per PSI to 3 HP per PSI
-Psi Reavers are now always guaranteed to drop researchable organs
   -NOTE: there is already 1 guaranteed drop each for Hybrid, Arachnid and Rumbler organs
-Added a guaranteed Monkey Brain drop to Hydroponics B
-Added a guaranteed Midwife Organ drop to Ops B
-Removed free Psi Amp from Med/Sci 1 start, moved closet speed boost to corpse instead
-Broke a Pistol in Med/Sci 1, still condition 5
-Broke a Shotgun in Med/Sci 1, still condition 5
-Broke a Shotgun in Med/Sci 2, still condition 4
-Replaced all surgical units in Med/Sci with incomplete surgical units
-Added a surgical key to the autopsy room in Med/Sci 1
-Replaced 3 proximity grenades in Med/Sci 2 with 10 small prisms
-Replaced Light Combat Armor in Med/Sci 2 closet with a medical hypo
-Replaced WormMind implant in Command bridge high-security crate with WormHeart implant
-Reverted SCP replacing a Midwife with a Shotgun Hybrid in Body of the Many
-Restored teeth crusher timing puzzle in Body of the Many cut by SCP
-Marine Year 2 Port MacArthur assignment: now starts with a Shotgun
-Navy Year 1 all assignments: now start with 50 nanites
-OSA Year 2 all assignments: now start with a psi hypo
-OSA Year 3 all assignments: no longer gives +1 Strength

EDIT: left in a bug where ammo count would reduce on some stacks when they shouldn't. Fixed and updated 1.06 upload.
6647257754a6a
Sir_FigsQuote
I am running version 1.06 with SCP Beta 4, and Scary Monsters AI Enhancement. Encountered two possible minor bugs:
1. Shotgun hybrids seem to always have loot on impossible (at least the broken shotgun + one slug). Not sure if vanilla, only played normal difficulty before.
2.  Upon hacking/opening the safe on Rec (beginning, near the set of 4 upgrade stations), suddenly hit ~ <1 fps and graphics degraded. With 2 health, managed to die somehow upon resolution of the slowdown (~5-15 seconds). Upon a reload, the slowdown resolved without a death.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact