6636b0ed2b91d

6636b0ed2bf40
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 JMP Jack's Hires Weapons with player hands
Page: « 1 2 [3]
Read 37771 times  

6636b0ed2c611ZylonBane

6636b0ed2c677
Also because single-handed wielding is like, way cooler than two-handed wielding (see collage above).

6636b0ed2c7a9voodoo47

6636b0ed2c80e
unless you are Deus Ex 2 box art. in that case, it's lame.

6636b0ed2d0d5lastonearound

6636b0ed2d138
It literally doesn't improve the game, at all.

Also, the arms don't even match up to the player character as seen in the cutscenes.

Furthermore, it's literally arm models from Doom 3. Super immersion breaking.

It is a matter of opinion, I feel like it greatly improves the game.

How does it not match the cutscenes exactly? By my count nothing matches the cutscenes anymore as everything should be low poly and low resolution. Any mods you can install, including some of the stuff from the Community Patch would have that issue because it is bound to be different and higher quality than the originals.

Does the arms have "DOOM 3" written on them or something? How the hell is that immersion breaking exactly? You wouldn't know they were from Doom 3 if you weren't told.

Also because single-handed wielding is like, way cooler than two-handed wielding (see collage above).

Try single-handed wielding with a rifle, we will see how cool you look after firing it :D

I would say it is immersion breaking. How the hell does my character handle a rifle like that?

it's a visual enhancement mod, those are completely out of scope of the Community Patch - anomalies, discrepancies and outright bugs only. exceptions can be granted in some gray areas, like implementing the bullet hole system (was 80% finished, so very strong evidence this was only omitted because of time constraints), or the shotgun hybrid slug which now resides in the AI's inventory instead of its gun (as everyone and their grandma agrees the slug unloading is the single most annoying thing found in the game), but adding a hires version of an object which has been modified to include a new part that wasn't originally there is a 100% no can do (even if the hands actually were true to the original concept, which is indeed not the case).

this is perfectly fine as a standalone mod, available to whoever wants what it offers.

I can't argue with that.

By the way, I could work on the texture a bit to try to get it to look closer to the original arm. It should have clothing on it, and I think I can make it look well enough. Let me see what I can do.

6636b0ed2d2d6lastonearound

6636b0ed2d33b
Could someone who has this mod installed please try this file out? If it works correctly it should resolve the clothing issue.

https://filebin.net/5iozj2mxwtnv4zal

I tried to make it but since I don't have SS2 installed at the moment I can't really test it out. I tried to guess where the clothing should be relative to the texture position, but it might be horribly wrong. I can make any adjustments necessary if needed.

6636b0ed2d4b2GuyFawkesGaming

6636b0ed2d50b
I don't think this could be further from the intended result.
[Screenshot (12).png expired]
[Screenshot (11).png expired]

6636b0ed2d604lastonearound

6636b0ed2d668
Damn, I agree. I didn't think it was stretching the texture that much. And the way I eyeballed the alignment was way off.

But on the bright side, It also means I should be able to work something out. This would have been so much easier if I had the game installed.

6636b0ed2d758voodoo47

6636b0ed2d7a7
trying to nudge the texture around just by editing the texture itself is probably not going to cut it, you will have to do it the hard way and load the model into some model editor.

editing SS2 models is not considered a painless procedure.
Acknowledged by: lastonearound

6636b0ed2d8ddlastonearound

6636b0ed2d938
Ok, this is just to test it out, but could you try this?

https://filebin.net/37p7izte7l2yz6hf

It will give me a basic idea about how it all fits together.
Acknowledged by: lastonearound

6636b0ed2dca8lastonearound

6636b0ed2dd1a
trying to nudge the texture around just by editing the texture itself is probably not going to cut it, you will have to do it the hard way and load the model into some model editor.

editing SS2 models is not considered a painless procedure.

You are probably right, but I have my ways. Lazy ways, but they sometimes work for some reason.

6636b0ed2df92GuyFawkesGaming

6636b0ed2dfe3
Somehow I don't think this one is any better.

EDIT:
...this is just to test it out...It will give me a basic idea about how it all fits together.
Joke's on me, I didn't read that part.

In all do seriousness I don't see what's so bad about the sleeveless arms, several of the weapons, including the pistol and laser pistol, lack sleeves on their models. I'm not trying to say inconsistencies are good, but rather JMP Jack's arms are no more or less consistent then the original hand models.
« Last Edit: 17. June 2019, 05:40:27 by GuyFawkesGaming »

6636b0ed2e35flastonearound

6636b0ed2e3bf
I think it is safe to say texture got corrupted because of the way I uploaded it. Note to self, always use winrar before uploading it.

Strangely enough, it does give me some idea about how the texture wraps the mesh (because those invisible areas are places I just left black) but not as much as I would have liked, because it got corrupted badly and it is a jumbled mess. But now I think I should be able to make it work at least.

Somehow I don't think this one is any better.

EDIT: Joke's on me, I didn't read that part.

In all do seriousness I don't see what's so bad about the sleeveless arms, several of the weapons, including the pistol and laser pistol, lack sleeves on their models. I'm not trying to say inconsistencies are good, but rather JMP Jack's arms are no more or less consistent then the original hand models.

You have a point there, it is not like changing this one texture will change anything. But I feel like some people are avoiding this mod just because they think it is inconsistent with the original game and I feel like that's just a shame. I am just hoping to resolve the issue one way or another. (And I am almost certain that I can, but that remains to be seen I suppose.)
« Last Edit: 17. June 2019, 12:15:40 by lastonearound »

6636b0ed2e4afJMP-Jack

6636b0ed2e539
Hi guys. Thanks to everyone.
About the arm model: yes, how I've already said, it come from doom3. I'm not a 3d modeler and human hands are very difficult to modelling. I never use blender before: I had learned something just to make this addon.

Of course that may not appeal to everyone. It's just a matter of tastes.
...but it's a free stuff! I maked this for everyone. Feel free to use it or not and feel free TO IMPROVE IT.
Bye

6636b0ed2e91bvoodoo47

6636b0ed2e98c
I think the only real problem has been the alt shotgun having messed up vhots, but that's already fixed, as we've got super-Olfred to save the daay..

texture got corrupted
I missed that somehow - almost sure you need to make it Dark compatible.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

____ at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
Water Castle was such a nice place before the Tiger moved in. How can we rid of him?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6636b0ed2ead2