🔒 SS2 to appear on GOG.com soon?

1 Guest is here.
6647ea2450b11
icemannQuote
My bet is that they're using New Dark and pretending that all the "fixes" are their own, which is a pretty low act. If the game does appear on GoG/Steam however that is awesome.
6647ea2450cca
HikariQuote
Well if they're trying to do a simple passing off of Newdark would there be any way of knowing it?

Then again what is the chance that the NewDark patcher WORKS for these people and simply can't tell due to... whatever? There's a thought. Newdark got released and the community monitored for general reactions, responses, and to get live bug reports and feature requests which then got integrated into patching being done during the bug crushing phase.

I know. Unlikely but within the realm of possibility maybe? If it's a simple claiming unjust credit I'm sure it'll be found out and such monkey business pointed out. HOpe it's more than that because damn it'd be such a mixed bag. On the one hand legally obtainable game I've been loving for the past eight years. On the other that's a low thing to do.
6647ea245124e
EnchantermonQuote

Quote by redrain85:
(My main concern was that they might change the format the game assets are stored in.  Though, I admit it was a pretty unlikely possibility.)
Not as unlikely as one might think. Ever hear about the EB Games/GameStop version of Thief Gold, where the assets and exe were encrypted? Made it completely incompatible with any and every mod available. It's good to know that the same won't happen here.
Wish I could get it hot, but I'm going to have to be on the road to work when the counter hits zero...man, the day is going to drag on.....
6647ea245170f
redrain85Quote

Quote by Hikari:
Then again what is the chance that the NewDark patcher WORKS for these people and simply can't tell due to... whatever? There's a thought.
That thought had definitely crossed my mind.  Perhaps the person(s) responsible for NewDark came clean privately, and it's what was used to update SS2.  But as you then later said: I very much doubt it.  I'm betting on a bare bones release with minimal effort put into it.  Despite what was implied, otherwise, in the RPS interview.

Quote by Enchantermon:
Ever hear about the EB Games/GameStop version of Thief Gold, where the assets and exe were encrypted? Made it completely incompatible with any and every mod available.
Nope, didn't know that.  Well, I advise everyone I know - at least when it comes to PC games - to avoid EB/GameStop like the plague.  I wouldn't touch Impulse with 10-foot pole, now that they own it.
6647ea2451801
highfuel91Quote
So has anyone purchased it on GOG yet? I just want to know if the artwork is unseen artwork, and if the games ico. image has been cleaned up for the new OSes'

Note: all this increased website traffic since the release

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact