1 Guest is here.
6647ea45afc16
MarvinQuote

Quote by Kolya:
eg a "DatapermanentMods" folder is included
That's low.
6647ea45afd7f
SimplexQuote
So does it make sense to start installing patches and fixes onto the GoG version, or is the vanilla SS2 a better option? I bought SS2 on GoG.com because I thoght this will be an "ulltimate" version.
6647ea45aff0e
HikariQuote
Right so no thanks to the community or anything while using community patcher tools seems likely.

If so that makes this a bittersweet release.
Edit: Even so. I'd still buy this because legitimate copy.

However if Proof by the patch makers (Koyle?) an be lain out in a well worded and complete manner then I'd post to my blog Google+ and so forth. Mostly because they have a /VERY/ small window to fix that flub and own up to community asset use. Though it does raise the question of why didn't they just use NewDark in the installer and be done with it?

Sure legally they can use the community patches all they like, but it's still a scuzzball thing to do and claim credit.
6647ea45b01d7
KolyaQuote

Quote by Briareos H:
I believe it is. It also comes with incomplete or old DML fixes for the missions. Using SS2Tool on top of the GOG installer is highly recommended, as well as deleting that DataPermanentMods folder.

I will have to test this to see if you can actually just install the latest SS2Tool on top. More likely I will have to make a few of adjustments to recognise the GOG game version.
6647ea45b0306
Briareos HQuote
Please do. I did try it and, to a first approximation, it works. install.cfg and cam_ext.cfg are properly overwritten, mods in the DataPermMods directory work.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact