🔒 SS2 to appear on GOG.com soon?

2 Guests are here.
6647bac7a549f
redrain85Quote

Quote by GOG Rep in RPS Interview
There are some user-made mods out there which do phenomenal work on the game’s stability, but none of them were quite perfect, so we took the game to our expert techninjas to analyse and swat the remaining bugs.

Quote by Kolya:
From what I *heard* the changes make it look like a game that's prepatched with an older SS2Tool version (eg a "DatapermanentMods" folder is included).

Knew it, when the GOG rep was being evasive about the nature of the updates done. :P  Who wants to place bets there have been no additional bug fixes by Night Dive/GOG?

I'll purchase it, anyway.  But it would be nice if they came clean about using community-made fixes.
6647bac7a5650
ZylonBaneQuote
I suggest changing the site banner here to "Home of the Expert Techninjas".
Acknowledged by 3 members: Enchantermon, Lusher, icemann
6647bac7a5736
MarceloQuote
Hope this help revitalize SS2 fanbase so we can continue to see improvements and more mods for System Shock 2. I wonder if Steam would be interested in doing the same. That would be awesome. BTW I noticed in the GOG forums Voodoo is doing a great job giving a hand to those who are new to the game or not familiarized with the mods. Kudos  :thumb:
Acknowledged by 4 members: Zeebok, redrain85, ZylonBane, unn_atropos
6647bac7a59e0
MarvinQuote
BTW, Kolya, would donations help in these circumstances? I transferred some money but I'm never sure if it's badly needed here or just "nice to have".
6647bac7a5d99
HikariQuote

Quote by ZylonBane:
I suggest changing the site banner here to "Home of the Expert Techninjas".

Or 'Home of the Unpaid Uncredited Expert Tech Ninjas' just to make the point clear enough for even the worst mouthbreather.

Then again that might be too blatant. Still. I like the idea.

Edit: That or having that up for sale on a cafe-express shirt. There's a thought. Forum Merch.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact