🔒 SS2 to appear on GOG.com soon?

2 Guests are here.
6647dd00a7e6a
voodoo47Quote

Quote by redrain85:
Who wants to place bets there have been no additional bug fixes by Night Dive/GOG?
no need to. there are absolutely no additional bugfixes, I've checked the GOG build. it's just the classic game patched up with ss2tool 4.0, nothing more, nothing less.

I plan on chewing them out for using the tool without permission and/or crediting.
6647dd00a82c9
MarvinQuote

Quote by voodoo47:
I plan on chewing them out for using the tool without permission and/or crediting.
Sorry, beat you to it, I was writing the comment before seeing your post.
6647dd00a85a2
unn_atroposQuote
Some credit would have been nice.
It's my thinking that someone who brings back System Shock officialy should be an enthusiast for this game. And enthusiasm should be combined with aknowledgement for the people who showed and show their love for this game for so many years. Hell, 14 years!
I always considered it a pity that there are still people out there who advice others to use compatibility mode, not knowing (or caring?) about this great website. For my part, my daily life would be a lot more boring without it. So thanks! :)

Well, besides that a look at the numbers of guests here gives a valuation for esteem and interest. So that's a positiv thing.

Something else: is there a online statistic about how often the game was purchased today (like this statistics for kickstarter)? Would be interesting to see.
6647dd00a87c9
KolyaQuote
°SMA
About the forum situation: Earlier today when I was at work the forum got slammed and nearly did not react anymore. It wasn't the number of people online by itself, but the fact that they were all downloading. Many of our attachments are rather big too.

To get the forum back into a working state I disabled registrations and disabled guest browsing. It was the only thing I could do quickly from work. At the same time Al_B fixed a threading issue on the server that had led to some weird bugs under heavy load.

When I got back home I dined with my girl and gave her sweets. Then I installed a mod that allows to limit the number of guests that can browse the forum at a time. This is better than locking them all out of course.

Currently Al_B is looking into ways to limit the number of simultaneous downloads per user. This would be the best solution, because then everyone could browse and read and download mods.

On an unrelated note: I would like to thank the two people who donated to our site today. Cheers guys, you know who you are. :)
6647dd00a889f
voodoo47Quote
I should have seen this coming - making mirrors at google docs would have prevented this. they are finally all up, so I don't expect any more heavy traffic.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact